Bridgham celebrate in style
BRIDGHAM United FC held their presentation evening at the village hall on Friday evening.
Mick Utting from the Central and South Norfolk League was present to hand the league championship trophy to captain Morgan Crane for the first time in the club’s history to mark what has been Bridgham’s most successful season in its long existence.
Players also received their league winners shields, and club awards were also given to the following players:
Top goalscorer Alan Boon (27 goals), goal of the season Adam Haylett (cup final free-kick v Morley), Mark Hawes Trophy Mark Hawes, clubman Gareth Thomas, manager’s player Stuart Tucker, supporters’ player Michael Watts, players’ player Mark Hawes.
There were also presentations made to Brian Sellars, Ron Alderton, Ian Alderton and Dick Rutterford for their support and help over the season.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, the club gave new vice-president Rod Forder a medal to mark his honorary position which has been awarded as a mark of his many years’ service to the club in the past as a player and officer of the club.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 8 US Air Force issues warning over increased flying this week
- 9 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 10 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash