Brecks find it tough
THE Brecks Ladies are finding the going tough in the top division of the Norfolk County Triples Bowls League. Visiting Gallow, they only managed to get one point with the rink of Rosie Smith being the victorious one.
THE Brecks Ladies are finding the going tough in the top division of the Norfolk County Triples Bowls League.
Visiting Gallow, they only managed to get one point with the rink of Rosie Smith being the victorious one.
Scores: M Robinson, J Shepherd, G Holbrook lost 7-14; A Melton, J Barnes, V Gibson lost 7-17; C Branch, K Farthing, R Smith won 20-8; P Lacey, M Hollowood, P Struthers lost 8-17; (42-56) 1-7.
They travelled to play the strong Acle A side and again only managed to get one point. Scores: J Doubleday, A Melton, V Gibson lost 9-23; M Robinson, K Farthing, R Smith, lost 10-13; P Lacey, T Scott, P Struthers, lost 2-23; P Wright, M Hollowood, J Shepherd won 13-10; (34-69) 1-7.
You may also want to watch:
The Brecks Men's team went to play against Dereham A and struggled on a surprisingly heavy green and lost on all rinks (48-104) 0-7. Scores: B Mosby, D Peaks, A Byford, D Betts lost 10-31; D Beattie, J Gardner, W Pattee, P Scott lost 15-26; G Mealing, M Rutter, L Robinson, J Wright lost 12-26; G Farthing, T Bingham, D Kay, M Struthers lost 11-21.
They got back to winning ways with a good win away to Lakeside B (87-77) 5-2, with captain M Struthers' rink having a big 35-12 win.
- 1 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 2 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 3 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 4 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 5 Police looking for wanted west Suffolk man Darren Pountney
- 6 Inquest opens into death of 32-year-old Anthony Hibble
- 7 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 8 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 9 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 10 Teeny tiny property for sale for between £10,000-£20,000
Scores: B Mosby, T Bingham, D Kay, M Struthers 35-12; D Peaks, G Farthing, J Gardner, P Scott lost 17-25; D Beattie, A Smith, A Byford, D Betts won 21-19; M Rutter, L Robinson, W Pattee, J Wright lost 14-23.