Brecks find it tough
THE Brecks Ladies are finding the going tough in the top division of the Norfolk County Triples Bowls League. Visiting Gallow, they only managed to get one point with the rink of Rosie Smith being the victorious one.
THE Brecks Ladies are finding the going tough in the top division of the Norfolk County Triples Bowls League.
Visiting Gallow, they only managed to get one point with the rink of Rosie Smith being the victorious one.
Scores: M Robinson, J Shepherd, G Holbrook lost 7-14; A Melton, J Barnes, V Gibson lost 7-17; C Branch, K Farthing, R Smith won 20-8; P Lacey, M Hollowood, P Struthers lost 8-17; (42-56) 1-7.
They travelled to play the strong Acle A side and again only managed to get one point. Scores: J Doubleday, A Melton, V Gibson lost 9-23; M Robinson, K Farthing, R Smith, lost 10-13; P Lacey, T Scott, P Struthers, lost 2-23; P Wright, M Hollowood, J Shepherd won 13-10; (34-69) 1-7.
You may also want to watch:
The Brecks Men's team went to play against Dereham A and struggled on a surprisingly heavy green and lost on all rinks (48-104) 0-7. Scores: B Mosby, D Peaks, A Byford, D Betts lost 10-31; D Beattie, J Gardner, W Pattee, P Scott lost 15-26; G Mealing, M Rutter, L Robinson, J Wright lost 12-26; G Farthing, T Bingham, D Kay, M Struthers lost 11-21.
They got back to winning ways with a good win away to Lakeside B (87-77) 5-2, with captain M Struthers' rink having a big 35-12 win.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 4 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 5 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 6 'Like a little Hitler' - Fury as row breaks out at council meeting
- 7 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 8 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
- 9 Man wanted for Thetford assault found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 10 Do you remember when Tornado's rumble caused village uproar?
Scores: B Mosby, T Bingham, D Kay, M Struthers 35-12; D Peaks, G Farthing, J Gardner, P Scott lost 17-25; D Beattie, A Smith, A Byford, D Betts won 21-19; M Rutter, L Robinson, W Pattee, J Wright lost 14-23.