Brecks delighted at win over top-of-the-table Pentney
BOWLS: The Brecks Ladies returned to league action on Saturday to play top-of-the-table Pentney and won 52-47 (6-2).
Scores: Joyce Doubleday, Thelma Scott, June Shepherd won 17-7; Lily Cooper, Marina Hollowood, Val Gibson lost 9-16; Pauline Wright, Kath Farthing, Rosie Smith lost 6-17; Margaret Robinson, Pam Lacey, Pat Struthers won 20-7.
Earlier in the week the Ladies played in the Yetton Plate against North Walsham and went down by the close margin of only two shots 86-88.
Scores: Ella Zubacz, Iris Peaks, Kath Farthing, Pat Struthers lost 15-29; June Shepherd, Lily Cooper, Thelma Scott, Val Gibson won 29-8; Pauline Wright, Margaret Robinson, Pam Lacey, Rosie Smith won 26- 22; Marion Jaggard, Jan Barnes, Marina Hollowood, Madge Marsden lost 16-29.
The Men’s A team also returned to league action but only managed to gain one point against Diss and District A going down by four shots 69-73 (1-6).
Scores: George Farthing, Terry Lamb, Wally Pattee, Alistair Stevenson lost 15-18; Brian Mosby, Trevor Bingham, John Gardner, Malcolm Struthers won 21-6; Mick Rutter, Dick Beattie, Eric Melton, Alf Smith lost 16-19; Geoff Mealing, Ian Watchman, Len Robinson, Peter Scott lost 17-20.
In a friendly match played away at Gallow, Brecks lost 75-81.
- 1 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 2 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 3 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 4 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 5 Man charged after robbing bookmakers with a knife in Suffolk town
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 8 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
Scores: Margaret Robinson, Arthur Lacey, Pat Struthers, Peter Scott lost 11-27; June Shepherd, Kath Farthing, Graham Bradshaw, Malcolm Struthers won 22-18; Pauline Wright, Pam Lacey, Thelma Scott, Len Robinson won 28-16; Lily Cooper, Joyce Doubleday, Bill Brewer, George Farthing lost 14-20.