Brecks delighted at win over top-of-the-table Pentney
BOWLS: The Brecks Ladies returned to league action on Saturday to play top-of-the-table Pentney and won 52-47 (6-2).
Scores: Joyce Doubleday, Thelma Scott, June Shepherd won 17-7; Lily Cooper, Marina Hollowood, Val Gibson lost 9-16; Pauline Wright, Kath Farthing, Rosie Smith lost 6-17; Margaret Robinson, Pam Lacey, Pat Struthers won 20-7.
Earlier in the week the Ladies played in the Yetton Plate against North Walsham and went down by the close margin of only two shots 86-88.
Scores: Ella Zubacz, Iris Peaks, Kath Farthing, Pat Struthers lost 15-29; June Shepherd, Lily Cooper, Thelma Scott, Val Gibson won 29-8; Pauline Wright, Margaret Robinson, Pam Lacey, Rosie Smith won 26- 22; Marion Jaggard, Jan Barnes, Marina Hollowood, Madge Marsden lost 16-29.
The Men’s A team also returned to league action but only managed to gain one point against Diss and District A going down by four shots 69-73 (1-6).
You may also want to watch:
Scores: George Farthing, Terry Lamb, Wally Pattee, Alistair Stevenson lost 15-18; Brian Mosby, Trevor Bingham, John Gardner, Malcolm Struthers won 21-6; Mick Rutter, Dick Beattie, Eric Melton, Alf Smith lost 16-19; Geoff Mealing, Ian Watchman, Len Robinson, Peter Scott lost 17-20.
In a friendly match played away at Gallow, Brecks lost 75-81.
- 1 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 2 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 3 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 4 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
Scores: Margaret Robinson, Arthur Lacey, Pat Struthers, Peter Scott lost 11-27; June Shepherd, Kath Farthing, Graham Bradshaw, Malcolm Struthers won 22-18; Pauline Wright, Pam Lacey, Thelma Scott, Len Robinson won 28-16; Lily Cooper, Joyce Doubleday, Bill Brewer, George Farthing lost 14-20.