Brecks bowlers beat the odds at Lynnsport
The Brecks Ladies travelled to Lynnsport and gained a good win despite playing one short due to a late call off because of illness.
Scores: Kath Farthing, Margaret Robinson, Val Gibson 24-5; June Shepherd, Marion Waterlow, Pam Lacey 14-11; Sue Chadwick, Jan Barnes, Madge Marsden 13-4; Anne Melton, Pat Struthers 11-26; 62-46 (7-1).
Entertaining Hunstanton, the Ladies again got a good result with 63-40 (7-1) win.
Scores: Pauline Wright, Margaret Robinson, Rosie Smith 7-16; Anne Melton, Thelma Scott, Pat Struthers 17-8; Joyce Doubleday, June Shepherd, Val Gibson 24-5; Kath Farthing, Jan Barnes, Pam Lacey 15-11.
The Brecks men’s A team played Dereham A and went down 73-89 (2-5).
Scores: Denis Andrews, David Kay, Alf Smith, David Betts 12-19; Karel Mikulik, Ian Watchman, Len Robinson, Alistair Stevenson 25-19; Mick Rutter, Trevor Bingham, Alan Byford, Malcolm Struthers 26-13; George Farthing, David Peaks, Brian Mosby, John Gardner 10-38.
Against high-flying Shotford A, they won 91-73 (5-2).
- 1 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 2 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Man charged after robbing bookmakers with a knife in Suffolk town
- 5 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 6 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 7 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 10 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
Scores: Dick Beattie, Brian Mosby, John Gardner, Alf Smith 14-18; Mick Rutter, Trevor Bingham, Alan Byford, Malcolm Struthers 32-15; Karel Mikulik, Ian Watchman, Len Robinson, Alistair Stevenson 25-19; Denis Andrews, David Peaks, Paul Morris, David Betts 20-21.