Brandon through in cup
BRANDON Town progressed to the semi-finals of the Snailwell Cup after beating Cottenham United 4-1 at the Rec on Saturday.A bright start from both sides saw chances at both ends but it was Town who went ahead.
BRANDON Town progressed to the semi-finals of the Snailwell Cup after beating Cottenham United 4-1 at the Rec on Saturday.
A bright start from both sides saw chances at both ends but it was Town who went ahead. Wright's excellent cross gave Edwards the simplest of tasks to head home.
The lead was soon doubled as a Wright header found Leech who deftly lobbed the keeper from a tricky angle. The second half saw the visitors attack with fervour and they pulled a goal back from a well struck volley.
The next goal was always going to be crucial and it went Town's way as Sobiechowski finished coolly after some poor defending. Wright got the goal his performance merited to round off an excellent win.
You may also want to watch:
Tuffs put in an excellent display returning from injury and was well complimented by Wharf.
Elsewhere the A team got back to winning ways with a 3-2 win at Gressenhall Reserves with a brace from Peckham and Bailey adding a third. Final Score: Brandon Town 4, Cottenham United 1.
- 1 What is the fuel situation looking like in Thetford?
- 2 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
- 3 How 'inadequate' school is making strides towards 'bright future'
- 4 Van overturns while trying to enter A11 petrol station
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 8 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 9 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 10 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told