Brandon’s poor start so costly
Brandon 1, Hempnall 4
BRANDON were looking to pick up from the previous week’s good second-half performance against Blofield when they faced visitors Hempnall.
But instead they put in a repeat of the first half which saw them 3-0 down at half-time for the second week running.
Town started Green and Browne and gave full debuts to Duffy and Turner.
Brandon fell behind after four minutes when a mix- up in the box saw the ball creep over the line at the far post.
The second goal came after Brandon had committed too many men forward on the break and got caught out by the long ball, which the forward finished at the second attempt.
The third goal came when somehow the forward was left unmarked with space and he made no mistake.
- 1 Part of A134 closed after crash between lorry and car
- 2 Forest ride in memory of 'lively character' and popular mountain biker
- 3 Woman breaks down in tears as she denies making up sex assaults
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 6 Huge farm network is helping rare Brecks wildlife in field margins
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 New rules introduced today in bid to stop Omicron spread
- 9 Decision delayed on changes at South Norfolk equestrian centre
- 10 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout
Some very strong words at half-time inspired Brandon a little but this contest was over with the visitors easily holding off the home attacks.
Town scored a late consolation when Stroud’s excellent cross was glanced in by Turner.
However within two minutes it was 4-1 and Brandon were down to 10 men when Nocton received a second yellow.
Town now looked doomed to Division One football next season.
This week Brandon have no game.
Meanwhile, Brandon Reserves gained a point at bottom club Stalham after a 2-2 draw.
This week they travel to Attleborough.