Brandon’s poor start so costly
Brandon 1, Hempnall 4
BRANDON were looking to pick up from the previous week’s good second-half performance against Blofield when they faced visitors Hempnall.
But instead they put in a repeat of the first half which saw them 3-0 down at half-time for the second week running.
Town started Green and Browne and gave full debuts to Duffy and Turner.
Brandon fell behind after four minutes when a mix- up in the box saw the ball creep over the line at the far post.
You may also want to watch:
The second goal came after Brandon had committed too many men forward on the break and got caught out by the long ball, which the forward finished at the second attempt.
The third goal came when somehow the forward was left unmarked with space and he made no mistake.
- 1 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 2 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 3 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 7 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 8 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
Some very strong words at half-time inspired Brandon a little but this contest was over with the visitors easily holding off the home attacks.
Town scored a late consolation when Stroud’s excellent cross was glanced in by Turner.
However within two minutes it was 4-1 and Brandon were down to 10 men when Nocton received a second yellow.
Town now looked doomed to Division One football next season.
This week Brandon have no game.
Meanwhile, Brandon Reserves gained a point at bottom club Stalham after a 2-2 draw.
This week they travel to Attleborough.