Brandon rue missed chances
BRANDON Town were to rue missed chances as they failed to kill off visitors Loddon United and were forced to settle for a 1-1 draw.A lively opening from Brandon saw them play some attractive football and Brown up front showed a willingness to run for everything.
BRANDON Town were to rue missed chances as they failed to kill off visitors Loddon United and were forced to settle for a 1-1 draw.
A lively opening from Brandon saw them play some attractive football and Brown up front showed a willingness to run for everything.
Town took the lead on 27 minutes when Brown challenged for a high ball, it fell to Peckham who lashed the ball home from distance with a sweet first-time strike with the keeper flat-footed.
The visitors then forced two outstanding saves from Corston in the later stages of the half while Town searched for the vital second goal.
You may also want to watch:
The second half was a tale of further missed opportunities as Waites shot tamely, Peckham's header wide from a yard out and Brown's header tipped onto the bar. These were brought home to roost when a defensive lapse was seized upon as Loddon grabbed an equaliser with 10 minutes remaining.
In the dying minutes Waites shot over with the keeper stranded and the game ended with honours even.
- 1 What is the fuel situation looking like in Thetford?
- 2 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
- 3 How 'inadequate' school is making strides towards 'bright future'
- 4 Van overturns while trying to enter A11 petrol station
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 8 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 9 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 10 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
The visitors never gave up and their persistence earned them a point that should have been beyond their reach.
Final score: Brandon Town 1, Loddon United 1.