Brandon rue missed chances
BRANDON Town were to rue missed chances as they failed to kill off visitors Loddon United and were forced to settle for a 1-1 draw.A lively opening from Brandon saw them play some attractive football and Brown up front showed a willingness to run for everything.
BRANDON Town were to rue missed chances as they failed to kill off visitors Loddon United and were forced to settle for a 1-1 draw.
A lively opening from Brandon saw them play some attractive football and Brown up front showed a willingness to run for everything.
Town took the lead on 27 minutes when Brown challenged for a high ball, it fell to Peckham who lashed the ball home from distance with a sweet first-time strike with the keeper flat-footed.
The visitors then forced two outstanding saves from Corston in the later stages of the half while Town searched for the vital second goal.
You may also want to watch:
The second half was a tale of further missed opportunities as Waites shot tamely, Peckham's header wide from a yard out and Brown's header tipped onto the bar. These were brought home to roost when a defensive lapse was seized upon as Loddon grabbed an equaliser with 10 minutes remaining.
In the dying minutes Waites shot over with the keeper stranded and the game ended with honours even.
- 1 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 4 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 5 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 6 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 9 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
The visitors never gave up and their persistence earned them a point that should have been beyond their reach.
Final score: Brandon Town 1, Loddon United 1.