Brandon rise after fightback
Brandon Town 3, Blofield United 2Brandon Town gave Blofield a two-goal start but stormed back to win and jump up to second place in the league.A very sluggish start saw the visitors take the lead after three minutes when Town failed to deal with a long throw and Mckail tapped in at the back post.
Brandon Town 3, Blofield United 2
Brandon Town gave Blofield a two-goal start but stormed back to win and jump up to second place in the league.
A very sluggish start saw the visitors take the lead after three minutes when Town failed to deal with a long throw and Mckail tapped in at the back post.
Three minutes later the lead was doubled as Hurren finished off a good move to net.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors sat back and allowed Town to get back into the game as they upped their workrate with Leech and Edwards dominating midfield.
Bland forced a good save and then Birch was denied by the keeper.
- 1 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 2 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 3 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 4 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 5 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 6 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 7 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 8 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 9 Part of A11 closed due to crash involving motorbike
- 10 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
Brandon had a penalty claim dismissed but all the pressure was on the Blofield goal.
Town got back into the game just before half-time when a Procopio throw saw Williams head onto the bar, Bland was on hand to head the rebound home.
Two minutes later Brandon levelled as the excellent Bland volleyed home, with the keeper helpless.
The second half started in similar vein with Waites going close and Bland causing the Blofield defence plenty of problems.
Corston, in the Brandon goal, was largely a spectator but was equal to anything the visitors served up.
The winner came with a quarter of an hour left.
Another Procopio long throw was flicked on by Birch and Waites finished in the crowded area.
Town could have another but Proctor put the ball wide after a superb move.
Blofield tried to respond but they could not muster a clear-cut chance as Town saw out the match well.
Meanwhile, Brandon Reserves lost 2-0 at Buxton.
They played better than of late but their finishing let them down.