Brandon rise after fightback
Brandon Town 3, Blofield United 2Brandon Town gave Blofield a two-goal start but stormed back to win and jump up to second place in the league.A very sluggish start saw the visitors take the lead after three minutes when Town failed to deal with a long throw and Mckail tapped in at the back post.
Brandon Town 3, Blofield United 2
Brandon Town gave Blofield a two-goal start but stormed back to win and jump up to second place in the league.
A very sluggish start saw the visitors take the lead after three minutes when Town failed to deal with a long throw and Mckail tapped in at the back post.
Three minutes later the lead was doubled as Hurren finished off a good move to net.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors sat back and allowed Town to get back into the game as they upped their workrate with Leech and Edwards dominating midfield.
Bland forced a good save and then Birch was denied by the keeper.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 3 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 4 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
- 5 US servicemen commemorate death of RAF Lakenheath pilot in crash tragedy
- 6 Six figure commitment agreed to pursue Suffolk bus improvement strategy
- 7 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 8 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 9 School praised for 'effective action' to address serious failings
- 10 Build of new school building could see more places for SEND children
Brandon had a penalty claim dismissed but all the pressure was on the Blofield goal.
Town got back into the game just before half-time when a Procopio throw saw Williams head onto the bar, Bland was on hand to head the rebound home.
Two minutes later Brandon levelled as the excellent Bland volleyed home, with the keeper helpless.
The second half started in similar vein with Waites going close and Bland causing the Blofield defence plenty of problems.
Corston, in the Brandon goal, was largely a spectator but was equal to anything the visitors served up.
The winner came with a quarter of an hour left.
Another Procopio long throw was flicked on by Birch and Waites finished in the crowded area.
Town could have another but Proctor put the ball wide after a superb move.
Blofield tried to respond but they could not muster a clear-cut chance as Town saw out the match well.
Meanwhile, Brandon Reserves lost 2-0 at Buxton.
They played better than of late but their finishing let them down.