Brandon out of cup
Woodbridge Ath 6, Brandon Town 1BRANDON Town bowed out of the Suffolk Senior Cup when they were comprehensively out-pointed by Woodbridge Athletic.The day began badly with a couple of call-offs further depleting the already threadbare squad.
Woodbridge Ath 6, Brandon Town 1
BRANDON Town bowed out of the Suffolk Senior Cup when they were comprehensively out-pointed by Woodbridge Athletic.
The day began badly with a couple of call-offs further depleting the already threadbare squad.
So it was a side bolstered from the reserves that took to the field.
You may also want to watch:
It was soon clear that it was going to be a tough day when an early ball over the top saw a poor shot off-target from the hosts, but soon after a similar move was centred to leave a simple tap-in.
The lead was doubled when a corner saw an instinctive reaction to a ball hit at a defender, the ball struck his arm and a penalty was awarded.
- 1 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 2 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 3 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 4 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 5 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 6 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 7 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 8 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
The hosts added two more in quick succession including a second spot-kick.
The second half saw Town grab a consolation as Fowler centred to Peckham who finished well.
The hosts added two more goals late on as Town were over-stretched in a contest that was long since over. Good luck to Woodbridge in the rest of the competition.
Elsewhere, Brandon Reserves enjoyed an excellent 4-1 win at home to Sprowston Wanderers.
Goals by Simon Wal, Craig Winstone, Josh Vaccaro and Roy Bland earned them the points.