Brandon out of cup
Woodbridge Ath 6, Brandon Town 1BRANDON Town bowed out of the Suffolk Senior Cup when they were comprehensively out-pointed by Woodbridge Athletic.The day began badly with a couple of call-offs further depleting the already threadbare squad.
Woodbridge Ath 6, Brandon Town 1
BRANDON Town bowed out of the Suffolk Senior Cup when they were comprehensively out-pointed by Woodbridge Athletic.
The day began badly with a couple of call-offs further depleting the already threadbare squad.
So it was a side bolstered from the reserves that took to the field.
It was soon clear that it was going to be a tough day when an early ball over the top saw a poor shot off-target from the hosts, but soon after a similar move was centred to leave a simple tap-in.
The lead was doubled when a corner saw an instinctive reaction to a ball hit at a defender, the ball struck his arm and a penalty was awarded.
- 1 Roads to have speed limit cut to 30mph after death sparks campaign
- 2 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 'A posy fit for a Queen' - Winners crowned in school Jubilee competition
- 5 Escaped cows block traffic on A1065 in Suffolk
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 WATCH: Big Jet TV films at RAF Lakenheath to mark new Top Gun movie
- 9 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 10 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
The hosts added two more in quick succession including a second spot-kick.
The second half saw Town grab a consolation as Fowler centred to Peckham who finished well.
The hosts added two more goals late on as Town were over-stretched in a contest that was long since over. Good luck to Woodbridge in the rest of the competition.
Elsewhere, Brandon Reserves enjoyed an excellent 4-1 win at home to Sprowston Wanderers.
Goals by Simon Wal, Craig Winstone, Josh Vaccaro and Roy Bland earned them the points.