Brandon lose on travels
Wroxham Res 4, Brandon 1BRANDON Town went down to defeat at Wroxham Reserves on Saturday and continued their run of fruitless journeys to the Broads.
Wroxham Res 4, Brandon 1
BRANDON Town went down to defeat at Wroxham Reserves on Saturday and continued their run of fruitless journeys to the Broads.
An evenly-matched first half saw both sides play some good football. Town had the first good opening but Roy Bland's effort was saved by the keeper.
The home side took the lead when the referee awarded a spot-kick after a Wroxham player went to ground easily in the area, Wines converted the kick though Hovell made a good effort.
You may also want to watch:
Town responded well and new signing Liam Conroy opened up the home defence that Peckham lifted over the advancing keeper to restore parity.
The second half saw Brandon make two good chances, Bland beat the offside trap but his trailing foot was stepped on as he went to shoot then Leech broke clear of the defence but couldn't net.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
Wroxham took the lead from a Town
free-kick that saw them counter and score 10 minutes in.
Brandon noticeably faded in the second period as the hosts' fitness told and attacks were few and far between.
Two goals late on gave the final score a lopsided look but there was no doubt that the home side were worthy of their win.
Meanwhile, Brandon Reserves kept their first clean sheet of the season as they
won 1-0 at home to Norwich CEYMS Reserves. Paul Layton scored the only goal of the game.