Brandon lose on travels
Wroxham Res 4, Brandon 1BRANDON Town went down to defeat at Wroxham Reserves on Saturday and continued their run of fruitless journeys to the Broads.
Wroxham Res 4, Brandon 1
BRANDON Town went down to defeat at Wroxham Reserves on Saturday and continued their run of fruitless journeys to the Broads.
An evenly-matched first half saw both sides play some good football. Town had the first good opening but Roy Bland's effort was saved by the keeper.
The home side took the lead when the referee awarded a spot-kick after a Wroxham player went to ground easily in the area, Wines converted the kick though Hovell made a good effort.
Town responded well and new signing Liam Conroy opened up the home defence that Peckham lifted over the advancing keeper to restore parity.
The second half saw Brandon make two good chances, Bland beat the offside trap but his trailing foot was stepped on as he went to shoot then Leech broke clear of the defence but couldn't net.
- 1 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 2 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 3 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 4 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 5 New homes plan for former coal yard
- 6 Food review, Lime Kiln Kitchen: ‘A truly relaxing place for Sunday lunch’
- 7 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 8 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 9 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 10 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
Wroxham took the lead from a Town
free-kick that saw them counter and score 10 minutes in.
Brandon noticeably faded in the second period as the hosts' fitness told and attacks were few and far between.
Two goals late on gave the final score a lopsided look but there was no doubt that the home side were worthy of their win.
Meanwhile, Brandon Reserves kept their first clean sheet of the season as they
won 1-0 at home to Norwich CEYMS Reserves. Paul Layton scored the only goal of the game.