Brandon Lasses U16s make club history with win
- Credit: Submitted
Brandon Lasses Under-16s have made history by becoming the first team in Brandon Town Youth Football Club’s history to win a Suffolk County Cup.
The final, played at Cedar Park in Stowmarket, was against old rivals AFC Kesgrave to whom they had lost the League Cup final three weeks earlier.
A tough first half saw Kesgrave put Brandon under pressure forcing Billie Nolan, the Brandon keeper, into several decent saves and keeping the score to 0-0 at half-time.
The second half was very different as Brandon took control and should have taken the lead on several occasions. With the score still 0-0 at full-time, extra-time beckoned. As in the second half Brandon were the stronger side looking the more likely to score, even thumping the post from one strike.
With the final whistle being blown and the score still at 0-0 the dreaded penalties loomed. Brandon held their nerve and with Kesgrave striking two penalties over the crossbar and Brandon keeper Nolan saving another it was all down to Georgia Reardon, who calmly took her penalty, shooting to the keeper’s left giving her no chance ensuring the cup came to Brandon. Then the celebration started!
You may also want to watch:
Congratulations to all of the girls along with manager Gary and coach Mick and a big thank you to all the parents and supporters.
- 1 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 2 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes
- 3 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 4 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 7 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 8 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 10 Calls for new hardship fund amid Covid impact and tax rise