Brandon get a draw
Brandon Tn 1, North Walsham Tn 1
Brandon took a share of the points with North Walsham – and almost won the game in a nail-biting finale.
Brandon were looking to pick up where they left off after last week’s good display at Hempnall.
Only one change was made to the starting 11. With Nocton unavailable through work talented teenager Liam Farnham was brought into side and he went on to put in another fine display at full-back. Brandon started strongly with the majority of possession on the hard, bobbly surface.
It looked as if Walsham had come with a draw in mind and the back four of Brandon were rarely put under any pressure. But Town couldn’t turn their pressure into chances and it was the visitors, with their only chance of note, who took the lead.
You may also want to watch:
Brandon were looking for the linesman’s flag as the forward looked suspiciously offside, and he finished with ease.
As has been the case in recent weeks, Brandon rallied and after some fine build-up play down the right, Tuffs split the defence and Bland put the ball into the top corner for his 10th goal of the season.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 10 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
At half-time Brandon knew that the points were there for the taking and with the youthful attack-minded subs’ bench of Stroud (16), Browne (17) and Green (18) they went out looking for their first points of 2011.
However it was another of the Town youngsters who stole the show in the second half, 17-year-old Jamie Barlow kept Brandon in the game with some excellent goalkeeping showing why he is so highly regarded by the Town management.
This could have been the platform for an excellent win as the subs re-energised the Town performance. Late in the game Green missed the far post by inches after being set up by Bland, then Bland fired over with better options inside, but Walsham held on.
Next, Brandon visit Bofield, 1.45pm.
Meanwhile, Brandon Reserves had an excellent 2 -1 win away at Wells Molyneux and Winstone with the goals, but a special mention for Griffiths who put in a fine display. Next, the reserves visit Stalham.