Brandon cricket star Tymal Mills signs for Sussex
- Credit: PA
Sussex have snapped up Brandon’s England Lions paceman Tymal Mills following his departure from Essex.
The 22-year-old left-arm seamer has signed a two-year contract at Hove, with Sussex claiming to have beaten a number of rivals to his signature.
Mills, a former Mildenhall College pupil, rejected a new offer from Essex after suffering an injury-plagued 2014 in which he played in only 12 games.
However, his potential is clear thanks to deliveries which can top 90mph, and he left Essex after taking 76 wickets in 59 first-team matches.
“I’m really pleased to be on board,” Mills said of his move. “As soon as Sussex came in for me, I knew it was a county that I wanted to join.
You may also want to watch:
“I took a little bit longer than I would have liked to get sorted but I’m really glad it is all finalised.
“The injuries look to be behind me now and I’m really looking forward to moving down here, getting stuck in this winter and going strong next year.”
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 3 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 4 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 5 Farm's 'Goats at Home' service booms after lockdown
- 6 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 7 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 8 Thetford Forest invites runners to enjoy fresh air and scenery
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
Mills, who toured Sri Lanka with the Lions in February, also spent time with the senior England side last winter during the Ashes tour of Australia to give England’s batsmen practice against left-arm pace bowling.
Sussex’s professional cricket manager Mark Robinson, who has worked with Mills in his role with the Lions, said: “We’re hugely excited by the arrival of Tymal. He’s a player of enormous potential who is blessed with great pace and a true fast bowler’s frame and we can’t wait to see him bowl next season.”