Brandon brushed aside by visitors
Brandon Town 0 Spixworth 6
Brandon Town entertained Spixworth on Saturday in a hastily re-arranged game due to Spixworth’s pitch being deemed unplayable.
Town were looking to build on last week’s superb result against Sheringham – but never reached the heights of that performance.
Brandon were missing Bethell due to work commitments but signed in Jay Porter and handed him his debut.
There were no other changes in the Town ranks, but they looked like a side that didn’t know who was doing what. Brandon fell behind early when a forward ghosted in unmarked, had a poor first touch but still had time to turn and pick his spot beyond Barlow in goal.
You may also want to watch:
Two minutes later it was 2-0 when Barlow and Tuffs got in a muddle, with the big centre-half nodding the ball over the keeper for an own goal. Two quickly became three when a deep cross evaded everyone and dropped in at the far post.
The visitors didn’t have to wait long for goal number four when a delicate free-kick found the top corner of the net. Brandon were second to everything and very sloppy in possession when they did have the ball.
- 1 Road closed and two people taken to hospital following Lakenheath crash
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 6 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 7 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
A fifth goal for Spixworth came just before half-time when a deflected free-kick looped into the goal leaving Barlow with no chance.
Town did make one chance of their own when Bland headed against the post from Sobiechowski’s cross. The second half was a non-event with the visitors happy that the game was won and Town unable to make any real chances of note.
Spixworth added a sixth late on to complete a very bad day at the office for Brandon.
This week Brandon are at home to Mattishall, 2pm kick-off.
The reserves fared no better on Saturday losing 11-1 at home to Buxton. This week they travel to Reepham.