Brandon battle to no avail
BRANDON travelled to Cromer with wholescale changes enforced by circumstances and the players gave their all but came away with nothing.Despite fielding a somewhat makeshift side, Brandon were more than a match for their hosts in the opening half.
BRANDON travelled to Cromer with wholescale changes enforced by circumstances and the players gave their all but came away with nothing.
Despite fielding a somewhat makeshift side, Brandon were more than a match for their hosts in the opening half.
A free-kick saw Williams' header hit the bar with the defence well beaten.
From the resulting corner Edwards' volley was well saved by Parsons.
You may also want to watch:
The keeper then denied Peckham after he found space.
The only goal of the game came in the 34th minute. Terrington got the wrong side of the defence and slid the ball under Corston.
- 1 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 2 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 3 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 4 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 5 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 6 RAF base warns of increased Apache helicopter flying activity
- 7 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 8 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 9 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 10 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
The second half saw the home side trying to add to their tally but a defensive lapse saw Sobiechowski miscue with the keeper out of the picture.
Cromer might have added more goals late on as Brandon searched for an equaliser but their woeful finishing meant Corston was largely a spectator.
In injury time Brandon were denied a penalty when a Cromer defender blocked a cross in his own area with his hand.
It was much to be expected as the visiting team struggled to gain anything from the seaside hosts.
For the spectator it has to be said that the game was, at best, poor with very little quality on display.
Congratulations to Chris and his team on their victory but both teams would want better performances in the coming weeks.