Brandon battle to no avail
BRANDON travelled to Cromer with wholescale changes enforced by circumstances and the players gave their all but came away with nothing.Despite fielding a somewhat makeshift side, Brandon were more than a match for their hosts in the opening half.
BRANDON travelled to Cromer with wholescale changes enforced by circumstances and the players gave their all but came away with nothing.
Despite fielding a somewhat makeshift side, Brandon were more than a match for their hosts in the opening half.
A free-kick saw Williams' header hit the bar with the defence well beaten.
From the resulting corner Edwards' volley was well saved by Parsons.
The keeper then denied Peckham after he found space.
The only goal of the game came in the 34th minute. Terrington got the wrong side of the defence and slid the ball under Corston.
- 1 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 2 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 3 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 4 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 5 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 6 Food review, Lime Kiln Kitchen: ‘A truly relaxing place for Sunday lunch’
- 7 New homes plan for former coal yard
- 8 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 9 New Latin American restaurant opening at Center Parcs in Elveden
- 10 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and two meteor showers
The second half saw the home side trying to add to their tally but a defensive lapse saw Sobiechowski miscue with the keeper out of the picture.
Cromer might have added more goals late on as Brandon searched for an equaliser but their woeful finishing meant Corston was largely a spectator.
In injury time Brandon were denied a penalty when a Cromer defender blocked a cross in his own area with his hand.
It was much to be expected as the visiting team struggled to gain anything from the seaside hosts.
For the spectator it has to be said that the game was, at best, poor with very little quality on display.
Congratulations to Chris and his team on their victory but both teams would want better performances in the coming weeks.