Brandon battle away to no avail at Beccles
Beccles 3, Brandon 0
Brandon had a much-changed team from the previous week’s awful display against Old Newton.
Barlow returned in goal and Kukuris was back from suspension, Craig Winstone was drafted in from the reserves to partner Bland up front.
Town started slowly and looked a side bereft of confidence early on. It was no surprise when Beccles took the lead. A deep cross wasn’t dealt with, leaving the forward with a simple finish. However, this seemed to spur Brandon on. They grew in confidence and started to get a foothold on the game.
Tuffs and Malster were dealing with anything Beccles could throw at them handling their centre forwards with ease. Jolly was having his best game in a Brandon shirt and Pope and Kalininas worked tirelessly on the wings.
Brandon were unfortunate not to level when Winstone’s acrobatic effort beat the keeper but was headed out from underneath the bar by a home side defender.
As often happens in football Beccles then went up the other end and doubled their lead after some hesitant defending. Brandon huffed and puffed in the second half but couldn’t quite break Beccles down.
- 1 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 2 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Man charged after robbing bookmakers with a knife in Suffolk town
- 5 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 6 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 7 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
- 10 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
A late free-kick secured the points for the home side. This week Brandon host Loddon (kick-off 2.30pm).
Brandon Reserves lost 6 -1 at home to Stalham, Shaun Field was the marksmen.