Brandon battle away to no avail at Beccles
Beccles 3, Brandon 0
Brandon had a much-changed team from the previous week’s awful display against Old Newton.
Barlow returned in goal and Kukuris was back from suspension, Craig Winstone was drafted in from the reserves to partner Bland up front.
Town started slowly and looked a side bereft of confidence early on. It was no surprise when Beccles took the lead. A deep cross wasn’t dealt with, leaving the forward with a simple finish. However, this seemed to spur Brandon on. They grew in confidence and started to get a foothold on the game.
Tuffs and Malster were dealing with anything Beccles could throw at them handling their centre forwards with ease. Jolly was having his best game in a Brandon shirt and Pope and Kalininas worked tirelessly on the wings.
You may also want to watch:
Brandon were unfortunate not to level when Winstone’s acrobatic effort beat the keeper but was headed out from underneath the bar by a home side defender.
As often happens in football Beccles then went up the other end and doubled their lead after some hesitant defending. Brandon huffed and puffed in the second half but couldn’t quite break Beccles down.
- 1 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 2 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 3 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 7 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 8 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
A late free-kick secured the points for the home side. This week Brandon host Loddon (kick-off 2.30pm).
Brandon Reserves lost 6 -1 at home to Stalham, Shaun Field was the marksmen.