Boost for Brandon
Brandon, who this week host Acle, made their first trip to Loddon for several years and came away with the points after a 2-0 win.Town went ahead when the keeper gifted the ball to Sobiechowski, who passed to Leech whose shot appeared to be heading for the trees but came down, clipping the inside of a post and into the net.
Brandon, who this week host Acle, made their first trip to Loddon for several years and came away with the points after a 2-0 win.
Town went ahead when the keeper gifted the ball to Sobiechowski, who passed to Leech whose shot appeared to be heading for the trees but came down, clipping the inside of a post and into the net.
Loddon worked hard but found breaking down the Town defence difficult. Corston made an excellent near-post save. Pollard saw his effort from distance go just wide. The half ended with Loddon having much of the possession but nothing to show for it.
The second half saw a similar pattern with Loddon trying to break down a resolute back line. Most of their efforts were from distance and Corston was in fine form to maintain a clean sheet. Loddon's best chance came when Tuffs cleared but it was deflected onto the inside of a post and fell straight into Corston's arms.
You may also want to watch:
From a Loddon corner, Leech broke well and his excellent pass put Peckham in to net. The defence was outstanding as, for all their possession, the hosts could not get through.
- 1 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 2 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 3 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 4 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 5 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 6 RAF base warns of increased Apache helicopter flying activity
- 7 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 8 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 9 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 10 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app