Best-time buzz for cyclists
ALTHOUGH many cyclists compete in time trials with little hope of featuring in the prize list the main aim which keeps them going is to achieve a personal best time.
ALTHOUGH many cyclists compete in time-trials with little hope of featuring in the prize list the main aim which keeps them going is to achieve a personal best time.
Cycling Club Breckland's tandem duo of Don Saunders and grandson Declan Davis did that with a vengeance in Saturday's 10-mile event, promoted by Lea Valley CC.
In near gale-force winds the pair knocked 34 seconds off their previous best time of 25 minutes 25 seconds to record 24:51 and come fifth in the tandem event.
Club-mate Mark Fairhead rode in the solo event finishing in 25:03. Due to the blustery conditions there was a poor attendance at the midweek club event when Adam Cross turned in the fastest time of 24:58 followed by Mark Fairhead (26:14), Vince Gedge (27:02) while tandemists Don Saunders and Declan Davis timed in at 26:02.
You may also want to watch:
Strongly supported by CC Breckland since its inception The Ride for Life raises money for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (Each).
Sunday's event saw another side to Declan Davis when he completed the 10-mile off-road route along with his five-year-old cousin Tom, his uncle Jason, his mother Heidi and his grandma Heather.
- 1 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 2 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 3 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 4 Confirmed: Three households can form Christmas bubble to spend festive period together
- 5 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 6 Plans for controversial village wedding venue get green light
- 7 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 8 Man attacked and robbed by hooded teen gang
- 9 £60 fine for resident who drove six miles to dump household rubbish in public bin
- 10 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
His sister Emily, grounded due to injury, was at the Beachamwell checkpoint.