Ben makes club history
BEN Tippett became the first member of the Kumo Judo Club in Thetford to gain his black belt.In his first grading as a senior Ben, 15, had three preliminary fights of which he had to win two with the maximum score of ippon to have a chance of fighting for his black belt.
BEN Tippett became the first member of the Kumo Judo Club in Thetford to gain his black belt.
In his first grading as a senior Ben, 15, had three preliminary fights of which he had to win two with the maximum score of ippon to have a chance of fighting for his black belt. On getting through this round he then had to win another three fights one after the other with ippon. He dispatched his first two opponents quite quickly, however the third fight was against someone much heavier.
With one minute left in the fight his black belt looked in jeopardy but a well-executed shoulder throw gave him the maximum.
Kumo also had three players fighting in the red belt competition. Sonny Kovacs in his first competition, won a bronze medal, Kieran Hamilton silver and Jordan Pradhan gold.
You may also want to watch:
To join, call Jo on 01842 763708.
- 1 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 4 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 5 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 6 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 9 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom
- 10 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft