Battling display by Thetford
Pelicans II 1, Thetford Ladies 0TIGHT defending, excellent fitness and some good passing made for an exciting game of hockey.Thetford Ladies were on great form, making the home side work hard and with no chances at getting close to goal for much of the match.
Pelicans II 1, Thetford Ladies 0
TIGHT defending, excellent fitness and some good passing made for an exciting game of hockey.
Thetford Ladies were on great form, making the home side work hard and with no chances at getting close to goal for much of the match.
Chris Church was a force to be reckoned with in central defence, while Nicola Scarrow and Paula Scott marked their players out of the game.
You may also want to watch:
Scarrow made some fine clearances and Laura Lister, in goal, made some fine saves.
Sarah Nichol, Leanne Smith, Charlie Harwood and Sophie Buckley moved the ball well, working the ball up the pitch. Nichol and Harwood had some spectacular breaks for goal, running the defence ragged.
- 1 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 2 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 3 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 4 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
Sophie Kelly - repositioned as a forward - made excellent use of her skills and Kathy Harwood was, as ever, moving well off the ball to push for goal.
Pelicans converted a penalty to score but Thetford never gave up, pushing back hard on the home side's defences. An excellent all-round effort. Rudling Wakelam PoM: Chris Church.
Thetford Ladies II 1, Magpies VI 1
THETFORD came out fighting and started well with good play from Sarah Nichol and Morgan Burt to get the ball to Kate, on her debut, who held the ball up well to get a shot on goal. Thetford had to be patient and continued playing great hockey, then a great run from Nichol set up Paula Scott to score the first goal.
Magpies put pressure with some good play but Churchie, Nicola Scarrow, Laura Lister and Emma managed to keep them out and Dee Burris making good saves when needed.
Thetford came close to scoring a second but Magpies managed to find their way into the D to score.
Overall, a great team performance and a great performance from player-of-the-match Sarah Nichol.