Bad week all round for The Brecks
It was not a good weekend for The Brecks with the Ladies going down by just three shots 47-50 (1-7).
Scores: Thelma Scott, Jan Barnes, Madge Marsden 12-13; Kath Farthing, Margaret Robinson, Rosie Smith 16-10; Rose Francis, Doreen Newbury, Pam Lacey 8-14; Marina Hollowood, Ann Melton, Barbara Billingham 11-13.
The men travelled to North Walsham in the County League but only managed one point after a 50-93 (1-5) defeat.
Scores: Mick Rutter, Martin Wheeler, Denis Andrews, Peter Scott, 18-16; Arthur Lacey, Cliff Goddard, George Farthing, Len Robinson 14-21; Bill Boast, David Catchpole, Graham Bradshaw, Alistair Stevenson 15-27; Bill Brewer, Les Friend, George Hollowood, David Kay 13-33.
In a friendly at Gallow (Fakenham) it was another defeat, this time by 59-111.
Scores: Cindy Murray, Heather Gill, Bill Brewer, Peter Scott 7-46; Jan Barnes, Pauline Nicholls, George Farthing, Madge Marsden 15-26; Pauline Wright, Thelma Scott, Derek Murray, Alan Byford 18-23; Marlene Kay, Steve Gill, Kath Farthing, Graham Bradshaw 19-16;.
The previous week the Brecks shared the honours 73-73 (3�-3�) with Pinewood Park in the Top Ten Competition.
- 1 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 2 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 3 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 4 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 5 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 6 Food review, Lime Kiln Kitchen: ‘A truly relaxing place for Sunday lunch’
- 7 New homes plan for former coal yard
- 8 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 9 New Latin American restaurant opening at Center Parcs in Elveden
- 10 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and two meteor showers
Scores: Singles – Geoff Mealing won 21-11; Pairs – Mick Rutter & Len Robinson won 21-18: Triples – George Farthing, George Hollowood & Peter Scott lost 11-14; Fours – David Catchpole, Les Friend, Ian Watchman & David Kay lost 17-30.