Attleborough club enjoy fight night in Thetford
- Credit: Archant
Attleborough Boxing Club treated fans in Thetford to a fantastic night of entertainment on Saturday.
Following the huge success of their two annual home shows, the club took an open show to the town to showcase their young boxers’ talents.
Tom Cash and Lewis Nagle kicked off the night, showing great potential in their skills bouts.
Thetford lads Charlie Connaughton and Kyle McKhenie and Attleborough’s Tyler Bolingbroke got the crowd going as they fought tough competition in very close bouts, unfortunately losing on close split decisions.
Attleborough’s Lewis Bolingbroke fought well to beat Colchester’s Blake Marshall.
You may also want to watch:
After a good start Marc Riley fought a courageous, tough bout – his opponent, Cillian Spillane from Ireland, dominated in the closing rounds, resulting in defeat for the Attleborough lad.
Attleborough’s Morgan Flinn out-powered his opponent, giving him a standing eight count in the first before stopping him in the third.
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 3 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 4 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 5 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 6 Sugar beet price shoots up - but not all Suffolk farmers are won over
- 7 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 8 Neil, 85, touches hearts after taking part in memory walk for residents
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
The crowd were buzzing as Thetford’s Taylor Dean and Milo Clay took to the ring and secured unanimous points wins. Dean was put through his paces by a tough opponent in the Republic of Ireland’s Keane Mahoney, but Dean’s quick hands and determination secured him the win. Milo Clay beat Welwyn Garden City’s Mitchell Davey to the punch in the first. Davey fought well in the second before Clay dominated the third to secure the win.
Connor Holloway had a hard-hitting bout against Boston’s Thomas Upsall – after a quick, strong start, Holloway was caught in the second and Upsall dominated the third to win a unanimous points decision. Sergio Gugillotta finished the night off on a split decision win as his awkward southpaw stance and power proved too much for Norwich City’s Josh Bywater.
Head coach Jon Dennis said: “I am proud of all of our boxers’ achievements. Amateur boxing is about learning, improving and enjoying the sport.
“It is superb to see so much support for the club in Thetford.
“We are proud to host our great friends, Trojan Boxing Club who flew over from the Republic of Ireland for the show and thankful to the other 15 clubs that travelled from all over the UK to be with us this evening. It has been a great night and the crowd has absolutely been superb.”
The club hold boxing training at Thetford Academy on Mondays from 6pm.
For information about the club, go to www.attleboroughboxingclub.co.uk.