Athletes stride out
MEMBERS of Thetford Athletics Club took part in the Ryston Runners cross- country races held in the woods at Shouldham Warren, in west Norfolk. This was the second of a series of six races being held over the winter, making up the Grand Prix series.
MEMBERS of Thetford Athletics Club took part in the Ryston Runners cross- country races held in the woods at Shouldham Warren, in west Norfolk.
This was the second of a series of six races being held over the winter, making up the Grand Prix series.
The results were as follows:
U9 800m boys: 7th Alex Darton 3:32, 15th Kendell Norris 3:48, 16th Joseph Nicholson 3:51.
You may also want to watch:
U11 2k: 8th Ashleigh Britnell 9:48, 22nd Harvey Norris 16:20.
U13 3k: 13th James Darton 14:11
- 1 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 2 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 3 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 4 'Extensive damage' caused as business centre is flooded
- 5 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 6 Cows cause congestion after wandering into RAF Lakenheath viewing area
- 7 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 8 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 9 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 10 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
U15 3k: 6th Jason Higgins 11:09, 10th Tom Busson 12:00.
U17 boys 4.5k: 4th Phil Waity 17:39, 5th Joseph Kirton 17:44.
U17 Girls 4.5k: 3rd Lucy Tyler 18:24.
Senior Ladies 9k: 3rd Samantha Wing 40:00.
Vet 40 Men 5k: 13th Dean Kirton 39:41.
Vet 45 Men 5k: 8th Carl Higgins 38:53, 10th Tony Tyler 40:08.
For more information on the Thetford Athletic Club see the website www.thetford-ac.co.uk