Athletes battle at Games
THETFORD AC Juniors took part at the Peterborough City Games.U13 boys - Oliver Thomson had a great day coming first in both discus and shot, winning two trophies.
THETFORD AC Juniors took part at the Peterborough City Games.
U13 boys - Oliver Thomson had a great day coming first in both discus and shot, winning two trophies. Daniel Howe, who had his first discus competition, came fifth. Tom Kirton came eighth in the long jump and qualified in the 100m heats to come seventh in the final.
U13 girls - Bella Manning qualified in the 100m heats to come second in the final, winning a trophy.
She also took part in the 200m.
You may also want to watch:
U15 girls -Anna Hayward came fifth in the 100m and also took part in 200m and the long jump.
U15 boys - Joe Kirton came third in the 800m winning a trophy.
- 1 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 2 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 3 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 6 WATCH: Norfolk troops train ahead of peacekeeping mission in Mali
- 7 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 8 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 9 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 10 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
U17 boys - Jack Firman qualified in the 100m heats to compete in the finals..
Members of the Thetford Athletic Club took part in the Norfolk County Championships Wroxham 5K on the evening of Wednesday, August 20.
Phil Waity came fourth in junior men's with a pb of 19:17.
Joseph Kirton came fifth in junior men with a time of 20:48, next was Dean Kirton who finished 28th for men 40 to 44 with a time of 23:12.
Chelsea Claxton, who ran her very first race, came ninth in the junior ladies' section in a great time of 26:03.