Athletes battle at Games
THETFORD AC Juniors took part at the Peterborough City Games.U13 boys - Oliver Thomson had a great day coming first in both discus and shot, winning two trophies.
THETFORD AC Juniors took part at the Peterborough City Games.
U13 boys - Oliver Thomson had a great day coming first in both discus and shot, winning two trophies. Daniel Howe, who had his first discus competition, came fifth. Tom Kirton came eighth in the long jump and qualified in the 100m heats to come seventh in the final.
U13 girls - Bella Manning qualified in the 100m heats to come second in the final, winning a trophy.
She also took part in the 200m.
You may also want to watch:
U15 girls -Anna Hayward came fifth in the 100m and also took part in 200m and the long jump.
U15 boys - Joe Kirton came third in the 800m winning a trophy.
- 1 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 2 Family's desperate plea to help find missing wartime medals
- 3 Couple caught at dawn dumping waste in forest
- 4 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 5 Symptom-free Covid testing sites set to open in Thetford
- 6 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 7 Man suffers 15cm cut across face in alleged knife attack over drugs
- 8 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 9 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 10 Concerns over divide in vaccine rates - what's the situation where you live?
U17 boys - Jack Firman qualified in the 100m heats to compete in the finals..
Members of the Thetford Athletic Club took part in the Norfolk County Championships Wroxham 5K on the evening of Wednesday, August 20.
Phil Waity came fourth in junior men's with a pb of 19:17.
Joseph Kirton came fifth in junior men with a time of 20:48, next was Dean Kirton who finished 28th for men 40 to 44 with a time of 23:12.
Chelsea Claxton, who ran her very first race, came ninth in the junior ladies' section in a great time of 26:03.