Athletes battle at Games
THETFORD AC Juniors took part at the Peterborough City Games.U13 boys - Oliver Thomson had a great day coming first in both discus and shot, winning two trophies.
THETFORD AC Juniors took part at the Peterborough City Games.
U13 boys - Oliver Thomson had a great day coming first in both discus and shot, winning two trophies. Daniel Howe, who had his first discus competition, came fifth. Tom Kirton came eighth in the long jump and qualified in the 100m heats to come seventh in the final.
U13 girls - Bella Manning qualified in the 100m heats to come second in the final, winning a trophy.
She also took part in the 200m.
You may also want to watch:
U15 girls -Anna Hayward came fifth in the 100m and also took part in 200m and the long jump.
U15 boys - Joe Kirton came third in the 800m winning a trophy.
- 1 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 2 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 3 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 4 'Extensive damage' caused as business centre is flooded
- 5 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 6 Cows cause congestion after wandering into RAF Lakenheath viewing area
- 7 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 8 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 9 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 10 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
U17 boys - Jack Firman qualified in the 100m heats to compete in the finals..
Members of the Thetford Athletic Club took part in the Norfolk County Championships Wroxham 5K on the evening of Wednesday, August 20.
Phil Waity came fourth in junior men's with a pb of 19:17.
Joseph Kirton came fifth in junior men with a time of 20:48, next was Dean Kirton who finished 28th for men 40 to 44 with a time of 23:12.
Chelsea Claxton, who ran her very first race, came ninth in the junior ladies' section in a great time of 26:03.