Another cross country title for Feltwell Primary School
Feltwell Primary School won the Ryston Runners Grand Prix cross country series for the second year running.
The school regularly sends over 30 children to the races at Shouldham Warren throughout the winter months. Up to 65 children attend cross country club after school.
Charlie Wakefield broke Robert Simmond’s long standing under-9’s record – receiving the award from a now 26-year-old Rob. Runner-up in the series was another Feltwell runner,Adam Moore, who broke his own personal best on Sunday by five seconds. Charlie’s brother Harry was fifth at the tender age of six with all four runners in front of him being nine years old.
Other success stories are Tom, Roisin, Eddie and Dermot Gray (siblings) who have been to virtually every race for the last three years, and Rachel Hardy and Chloe Conway who have picked up top three placings throughout the series.
Feltwell had 16 children qualify for the Norfolk Cross County Championships at Easton College.
You may also want to watch:
Year four county champion Charlie Wakefield and third placed Adam Moore are in the same class at our school! Harry Wakefield, Asha Soanes, Daisy Stagg, Dermot Gray, Pat Bebee, Dylan Jones, Ellie Kent, Lilly Slatter, Chloe Conway, Louise Kennedy, Tommy Fletcher, and Holly Hammond were all well placed.
- 1 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 2 Family's desperate plea to help find missing wartime medals
- 3 Couple caught at dawn dumping waste in forest
- 4 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 5 Symptom-free Covid testing sites set to open in Thetford
- 6 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 7 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 8 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 9 Man suffers 15cm cut across face in alleged knife attack over drugs
- 10 Repeat offender given £600 fine for fly-tipping next to public bin