Abby’s heroics not enough as Thetford Hockey Ladies lose to Harleston Magpies
Harleston III 1 Thetford 0
The heroics of goalkeeper Abby Rolph were not quite enough to earn Thetford Ladies a Norfolk League Premier Division point at Harleston.
Against a quick team who gave little quarter, Thetford found themselves working a lot harder and very nearly came away with a draw.
Without the luxury of the time on the ball they had the week before, the away team had less time to create the same magic.
Harleston, third in the league, despite their good stick work and speed, struggled to find a hole in Thetford’s defensiveline of Sophie Kelly, Christianne Church and Alena Sweigart. And when they did Rolph shone, making some key saves.
You may also want to watch:
After Magpies broke the deadlock in the second half Thetford worked hard to strike back through Leanne Smith and Karen Hodgkinson but couldn’t quite find their scoring touch.
- 1 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 2 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 3 Town's county councillors vow to tackle neglected underpasses
- 4 Masked burglar hit victim with fake gun and threatened to shoot family dog
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 9 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 10 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville