Abby’s heroics not enough as Thetford Hockey Ladies lose to Harleston Magpies
Harleston III 1 Thetford 0
The heroics of goalkeeper Abby Rolph were not quite enough to earn Thetford Ladies a Norfolk League Premier Division point at Harleston.
Against a quick team who gave little quarter, Thetford found themselves working a lot harder and very nearly came away with a draw.
Without the luxury of the time on the ball they had the week before, the away team had less time to create the same magic.
Harleston, third in the league, despite their good stick work and speed, struggled to find a hole in Thetford’s defensiveline of Sophie Kelly, Christianne Church and Alena Sweigart. And when they did Rolph shone, making some key saves.
You may also want to watch:
After Magpies broke the deadlock in the second half Thetford worked hard to strike back through Leanne Smith and Karen Hodgkinson but couldn’t quite find their scoring touch.
- 1 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 2 Family's desperate plea to help find missing wartime medals
- 3 Couple caught at dawn dumping waste in forest
- 4 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 5 Symptom-free Covid testing sites set to open in Thetford
- 6 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 7 Man suffers 15cm cut across face in alleged knife attack over drugs
- 8 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 9 Repeat offender given £600 fine for fly-tipping next to public bin
- 10 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased