Abby’s heroics not enough as Thetford Hockey Ladies lose to Harleston Magpies
Harleston III 1 Thetford 0
The heroics of goalkeeper Abby Rolph were not quite enough to earn Thetford Ladies a Norfolk League Premier Division point at Harleston.
Against a quick team who gave little quarter, Thetford found themselves working a lot harder and very nearly came away with a draw.
Without the luxury of the time on the ball they had the week before, the away team had less time to create the same magic.
Harleston, third in the league, despite their good stick work and speed, struggled to find a hole in Thetford’s defensiveline of Sophie Kelly, Christianne Church and Alena Sweigart. And when they did Rolph shone, making some key saves.
You may also want to watch:
After Magpies broke the deadlock in the second half Thetford worked hard to strike back through Leanne Smith and Karen Hodgkinson but couldn’t quite find their scoring touch.
- 1 Road closed and two people taken to hospital following Lakenheath crash
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 6 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 7 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 9 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 10 An A to Z of East Anglian cider