Zero tolerance on anti-social drinkers in Thetford
People visiting Thetford over the Bank Holiday are being reminded of the town’s zero tolerance to drink-related crime and disorder.
Licensees in the town work closely with police and licensing authorities under the Pubwatch scheme to keep people safe.
Thetford Pubwatch operates a policy of “banned from one, banned from all” with persistent trouble makers running the risk of being banned from all licensed premises in the town.
There are currently nine people banned from entering member venues, with bans ranging from three months to life.
PC Keith Kenny said: “Thetford Pubwatch has been in operation for three years and has over 20 member venues. People intent on causing trouble in Thetford’s licensed premises may well find themselves banned from every pub or club in the town.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like residents in Thetford to enjoy the warmer weather and the up coming bank holidays but at the same time to respect others within the community. People who are caught drinking alcohol in the street whilst acting in an anti-social manner, can be fined up to �500 and arrested, if they fail to hand over their alcohol when requested to do so by an officer.”
Thetford Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) will be carrying out extra patrols in the town centre to prevent any incidents of alcohol related anti-social behaviour.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 3 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 4 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 5 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 6 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 7 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 8 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 9 Election 2021: Candidates confirmed for six West Suffolk Council by-elections
- 10 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
Officers are reminding residents about the designated non-drinking zones in the town centre and outside the shops on the Redcastle Estate, Abbey Estate and Pine Close.
Call Thetford SNT on 0845 456 4567 or email email@example.com for more information.