X-Ray department closes at Thetford’s Healthy Living Centre
- Credit: Archant © 2006
A department of a community hospital has been closed following the departure of a member of staff.
The X-Ray Diagnostic Imaging department at Thetford’s Healthy Living Centre was closed on October 1 after the specialist left and the service was no longer able to be delivered.
The centre is run by Thetford Healthcare Community Interest Company on behalf of the Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust (NCH&C) and South Norfolk Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).
A spokesman for South Norfolk CCG said: “We are keen to see services continue to be offered from Thetford Healthy Living Centre and are working with potential providers over a sustainable solution.”
The community hospital has seven GP and 14 outpatient consulting rooms and offers services including orthopaedics and dental.
You may also want to watch:
Patients wanting to use the service will have to travel to the West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds, or the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
A spokesman for NCH&C said they are “supportive of the local CCG as they work towards an interim and a longer-term solution for local and regional patients”.
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 4 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 5 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 6 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 7 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 10 Person hit by train between Norwich and Stansted
Have you been affected by the closure of the centre’s X-Ray department? Email email@example.com