X-Ray department closes at Thetford’s Healthy Living Centre
- Credit: Archant © 2006
A department of a community hospital has been closed following the departure of a member of staff.
The X-Ray Diagnostic Imaging department at Thetford’s Healthy Living Centre was closed on October 1 after the specialist left and the service was no longer able to be delivered.
The centre is run by Thetford Healthcare Community Interest Company on behalf of the Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust (NCH&C) and South Norfolk Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).
A spokesman for South Norfolk CCG said: “We are keen to see services continue to be offered from Thetford Healthy Living Centre and are working with potential providers over a sustainable solution.”
The community hospital has seven GP and 14 outpatient consulting rooms and offers services including orthopaedics and dental.
You may also want to watch:
Patients wanting to use the service will have to travel to the West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds, or the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
A spokesman for NCH&C said they are “supportive of the local CCG as they work towards an interim and a longer-term solution for local and regional patients”.
- 1 Two men due in court over rave at Thetford Forest
- 2 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 3 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 4 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 5 International designer asked to create ambitious vision for Thetford
- 6 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 7 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 8 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 9 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 10 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
Have you been affected by the closure of the centre’s X-Ray department? Email email@example.com