X-Ray department closes at Thetford’s Healthy Living Centre
- Credit: Archant © 2006
A department of a community hospital has been closed following the departure of a member of staff.
The X-Ray Diagnostic Imaging department at Thetford’s Healthy Living Centre was closed on October 1 after the specialist left and the service was no longer able to be delivered.
The centre is run by Thetford Healthcare Community Interest Company on behalf of the Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust (NCH&C) and South Norfolk Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).
A spokesman for South Norfolk CCG said: “We are keen to see services continue to be offered from Thetford Healthy Living Centre and are working with potential providers over a sustainable solution.”
The community hospital has seven GP and 14 outpatient consulting rooms and offers services including orthopaedics and dental.
You may also want to watch:
Patients wanting to use the service will have to travel to the West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds, or the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
A spokesman for NCH&C said they are “supportive of the local CCG as they work towards an interim and a longer-term solution for local and regional patients”.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 8 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 9 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
Have you been affected by the closure of the centre’s X-Ray department? Email email@example.com