Woman punched in Thetford
Ian Clarke A 21-year-old woman was punched during an attempted robbery in Thetford.She was walking home along the alleyway between Guildford Way and Gloucester Way between 8am and 8.
A 21-year-old woman was punched during an attempted robbery in Thetford.
She was walking home along the alleyway between Guildford Way and Gloucester Way between 8am and 8.25am today when she was approached by two men who refused to let her pass.
One of the men then tried to grab her shopping bag and when she refused to hand over the bag the second men punched her.
The two run away in the direction of Canterbury Way.
One of the men was described as wearing a black hooded sweatshirt under a black coat and black trousers.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 3 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 6 Final phase of consultation begins over future of Thetford estate
- 7 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
- 8 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 9 Bin collectors could strike over long-running pay dispute
- 10 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
The other wore a red jacket with a white stripe just below the chest, black trousers, a black hooded top and a long scarf of various colours.
Officers want to speak to anyone with information, especially another female who was walking behind the victim and may have witnessed what happened.
Contact Det Con Gill Lacey at Thetford CID on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.