Woman suffers foot injury after bus moved as she tried to get off
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A woman suffered potentially life-changing injuries when the bus she was trying to get off started to move.
The incident happened on board Coach Service Ltd’s 201 service which had stopped at George Street, Brandon, on Wednesday.
The company’s manager Robert Crawford said the bus driver did not see the 70-year-old woman and edged the bus forward.
“The driver moved the bus unfortunately as someone was stepping off it,” said Mr Crawford. “As the bus pulled forward she lost her footing and fell around the side and it caused her to fall out of the front door.”
The woman is believed to have sustained an injury to her foot during the incident, which happened at 1.20pm, and was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital,
Mr Crawford said the driver is “very shaken” and has been given time off. He added: “At the moment there will be an internal investigation because of the nature of it.”
- 1 Homes with dedicated support for rough sleepers to be built in Thetford
- 2 Council buys disused building to regenerate town's riverfront
- 3 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 4 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 Rescued Mariah and Carey recovering after A11 crash
- 6 'Threat to democracy' - Opposition fears council's constitution change
- 7 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 8 Jess Glynne cancels summer show in Thetford Forest
- 9 Liz Truss sidesteps leadership question as she backs 'fantastic' PM
- 10 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer