Woman hurt in moped crash
Dan Grimmer A young woman is in a serious condition after she was thrown from her moped and into a field in a crash.
A young woman is in a serious condition after she was thrown from her moped and into a field in a crash.
The 24-year-old is recovering in the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital after a crash this afternoon.
The crash, which also involved a car, happened at Pages Lane in Saham Toney at about 2pm.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance flew paramedics form the East of England Ambulance Service Trust and emergency medical charity Magpas to the scene.
The woman was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital by land ambulance and her condition is described as serious but stable.
- 1 Roads to have speed limit cut to 30mph after death sparks campaign
- 2 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 3 'A posy fit for a Queen' - Winners crowned in school Jubilee competition
- 4 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 5 Escaped cows block traffic on A1065 in Suffolk
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 9 WATCH: Big Jet TV films at RAF Lakenheath to mark new Top Gun movie
- 10 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
Debbie Florence Magpas' spokeswoman said “It was essential that expert medical care from Magpas' Helimedix team was on hand to make sure the patient received the right treatment at the scene and was then transferred to the right hospital for the type of injuries sustained.
“This is another example of how effective the joint service with the East of England Ambulance Service Trust and East Anglian Air Ambulance is so that we are able to deliver such a rapid and coordinated response to anywhere in the East of England.”