What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- Credit: Kevin Folan
An unidentified flying object was spotted over Norfolk on Sunday afternoon.
Kevin Folan, 64, was driving through Oxborough towards Downham Market at around sunset, when he sighted a “strange, stretched circle in the sky”.
Mr Folan said he pulled over to the side of the road to look at it properly, and took several photos.
“It was very slowly moving with the wind it seemed, from the west,” Mr Folan said.
“It was very dark but the clouds in the sky were light. It wasn’t a cloud.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Folan watched the object “kind of infinitesimally changing shape” for ten minutes, and posted the pictures into his family’s WhatsApp group.
One of Mr Folan’s nieces suggested it could be a flock of starlings.
- 1 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 5 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 6 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 'Fantastic' students donate funds from cancelled prom to children's hospice
- 9 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 10 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes
“If I had to bet on anything,” he said, “I’d say it would be birds, but I’ve seen murmurations up close and this was a long way off, so there would have needed to be thousands of them to maintain that shape and density.”
Did you spot this UFO in west Norfolk on Sunday? Email ideas and explanations to firstname.lastname@example.org