West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust appoint Shelia Childerhouse as new chairman
- Credit: Archant
A new chairman has been appointed by the West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust (WSFT).
Shelia Childerhouse has served on various local and regional healthy bodies since 1984 in non-executive and chairman roles, most recently at the East of England Ambulance Service Trust.
She will take over in January from current chairman Roger Quince whose term ends in December.
Mr Quince has spent 10 years with the WSFT.
On the appointment she said: “This is very much my local system on which my own family depend.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a challenging time for all NHS organisations but west Suffolk is in a strong place and has demonstrated some exceptional performance in relation to staff engagement and quality of care.
“I believe passionately in a more integrated system of health and care and welcome the progress they have made in this.”
- 1 RAF base warns of increased Apache helicopter flying activity
- 2 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 5 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 6 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 7 Pet crematorium plans submitted but residents have air concerns
- 8 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 9 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 10 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
Mr Quince said: “I truly welcome this excellent appointment.
“With Sheila’s wide range of NHS experience, I know that she will be exceptionally well-placed to help carry the trust forward, and to help it meet the challenges ahead.”