West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust appoint Shelia Childerhouse as new chairman
- Credit: Archant
A new chairman has been appointed by the West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust (WSFT).
Shelia Childerhouse has served on various local and regional healthy bodies since 1984 in non-executive and chairman roles, most recently at the East of England Ambulance Service Trust.
She will take over in January from current chairman Roger Quince whose term ends in December.
Mr Quince has spent 10 years with the WSFT.
On the appointment she said: “This is very much my local system on which my own family depend.
“This is a challenging time for all NHS organisations but west Suffolk is in a strong place and has demonstrated some exceptional performance in relation to staff engagement and quality of care.
“I believe passionately in a more integrated system of health and care and welcome the progress they have made in this.”
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 5 Thetford-based haulier win national award following industry challenges
- 6 'Everyone is so excited': American sweet shop set to open in Thetford
- 7 Virus expert predicts Omicron will start 'outcompeting' Delta
- 8 Burglar jailed and labelled 'despicable' for betraying family who helped him
- 9 Parts of Norfolk could see 60mph winds as Storm Barra hits
- 10 Cannabis producer told he could face jail
Mr Quince said: “I truly welcome this excellent appointment.
“With Sheila’s wide range of NHS experience, I know that she will be exceptionally well-placed to help carry the trust forward, and to help it meet the challenges ahead.”