West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust appoint Shelia Childerhouse as new chairman
- Credit: Archant
A new chairman has been appointed by the West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust (WSFT).
Shelia Childerhouse has served on various local and regional healthy bodies since 1984 in non-executive and chairman roles, most recently at the East of England Ambulance Service Trust.
She will take over in January from current chairman Roger Quince whose term ends in December.
Mr Quince has spent 10 years with the WSFT.
On the appointment she said: “This is very much my local system on which my own family depend.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a challenging time for all NHS organisations but west Suffolk is in a strong place and has demonstrated some exceptional performance in relation to staff engagement and quality of care.
“I believe passionately in a more integrated system of health and care and welcome the progress they have made in this.”
- 1 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 2 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 3 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 4 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 5 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 8 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 9 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 10 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
Mr Quince said: “I truly welcome this excellent appointment.
“With Sheila’s wide range of NHS experience, I know that she will be exceptionally well-placed to help carry the trust forward, and to help it meet the challenges ahead.”