West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust appoint Shelia Childerhouse as new chairman
- Credit: Archant
A new chairman has been appointed by the West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust (WSFT).
Shelia Childerhouse has served on various local and regional healthy bodies since 1984 in non-executive and chairman roles, most recently at the East of England Ambulance Service Trust.
She will take over in January from current chairman Roger Quince whose term ends in December.
Mr Quince has spent 10 years with the WSFT.
On the appointment she said: “This is very much my local system on which my own family depend.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a challenging time for all NHS organisations but west Suffolk is in a strong place and has demonstrated some exceptional performance in relation to staff engagement and quality of care.
“I believe passionately in a more integrated system of health and care and welcome the progress they have made in this.”
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 3 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 6 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 7 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 8 Investigation launched after swan killed by illegal fishing net
- 9 Three people - including two teens - injured in shotgun attack
- 10 Four men to appear in court charged with shooting incident
Mr Quince said: “I truly welcome this excellent appointment.
“With Sheila’s wide range of NHS experience, I know that she will be exceptionally well-placed to help carry the trust forward, and to help it meet the challenges ahead.”