Have your say on hospital’s future
- Credit: Archant
A hospital is looking for residents to have a say in how it is run by joining its council of governors as a “voice of the people”.
West Suffolk Hospital - which is based in Bury St Edmunds but takes patients from the surrounding areas, including Thetford - has 14 public and five staff vacancies on the new group.
A statement on the hospital’s website said: “Our governors represent the interests of staff and their community.
“They are the voice of the people, sharing ideas, concerns and suggestions on a wider platform.
“They tell the board what they think our hospital should offer and work with them to ensure that community and staff needs are taken into account in the planning of services.
You may also want to watch:
“They bring valuable perspective and contribution to the trust’s activities and they have real influence on the strategic direction and governance of the trust.”
People interested in taking up one of the roles, which last for three years, have until 5pm on Friday, October 6 to nominate themselves.
- 1 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 2 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 3 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 6 WATCH: Norfolk troops train ahead of peacekeeping mission in Mali
- 7 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 8 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 9 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
Those who want to put themselves forward can submit a nomination online at www.ersvotes.com/westsuffolk
Alternatively they can request a paper copy by calling 0208 889 9203 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, email email@example.com or call 01284 713224.