Have your say on hospital’s future
- Credit: Archant
A hospital is looking for residents to have a say in how it is run by joining its council of governors as a “voice of the people”.
West Suffolk Hospital - which is based in Bury St Edmunds but takes patients from the surrounding areas, including Thetford - has 14 public and five staff vacancies on the new group.
A statement on the hospital’s website said: “Our governors represent the interests of staff and their community.
“They are the voice of the people, sharing ideas, concerns and suggestions on a wider platform.
“They tell the board what they think our hospital should offer and work with them to ensure that community and staff needs are taken into account in the planning of services.
You may also want to watch:
“They bring valuable perspective and contribution to the trust’s activities and they have real influence on the strategic direction and governance of the trust.”
People interested in taking up one of the roles, which last for three years, have until 5pm on Friday, October 6 to nominate themselves.
- 1 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 2 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 6 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 7 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
Those who want to put themselves forward can submit a nomination online at www.ersvotes.com/westsuffolk
Alternatively they can request a paper copy by calling 0208 889 9203 or emailing email@example.com
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01284 713224.