Have your say on hospital’s future
- Credit: Archant
A hospital is looking for residents to have a say in how it is run by joining its council of governors as a “voice of the people”.
West Suffolk Hospital - which is based in Bury St Edmunds but takes patients from the surrounding areas, including Thetford - has 14 public and five staff vacancies on the new group.
A statement on the hospital’s website said: “Our governors represent the interests of staff and their community.
“They are the voice of the people, sharing ideas, concerns and suggestions on a wider platform.
“They tell the board what they think our hospital should offer and work with them to ensure that community and staff needs are taken into account in the planning of services.
“They bring valuable perspective and contribution to the trust’s activities and they have real influence on the strategic direction and governance of the trust.”
People interested in taking up one of the roles, which last for three years, have until 5pm on Friday, October 6 to nominate themselves.
- 1 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 2 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 3 More F-35 squadrons to be stationed in Suffolk to boost US presence
- 4 Remarkable life of the Duleep Singhs explored in new exhibition
- 5 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 6 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 7 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 8 What the average Norfolk house price can buy you in the county's towns
- 9 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 10 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
Those who want to put themselves forward can submit a nomination online at www.ersvotes.com/westsuffolk
Alternatively they can request a paper copy by calling 0208 889 9203 or emailing email@example.com
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01284 713224.