West Suffolk CCG rated as good
- Credit: PAGEPIX
A Suffolk health authority has been praised for its performance and patient care.
In an assessment by NHS England, the West Suffolk Clinical Commission Group (WSCCG) was rated as good.
Dr Ed Garratt, chief officer of Suffolk’s CCGs, praised the authority and said it was being recognised for its ongoing work to build strong relations with local health and care partners.
The high levels of diabetes care and the work to support GP practices in the delivery of primary care were also praised.
He added: “We are proud that health care in Suffolk is regarded as being among the best in England, although we know that more work needs to be done.
“A major current focus is to identify how we can improve mental health services and we are asking patients and partners how we can best do this, and I would encourage people to participate.”
The WSCCG aims to be rated outstanding next year.
- 1 Woman accused of stealing £11k of printer ink across East Anglia
- 2 Driver sustains neck injuries in two-vehicle crash near Thetford
- 3 Schoolgirl racially abused by boys in Mildenhall play park
- 4 The photographer with an eye for catching dogs in flight
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Robber armed with Taser steals cash from Mildenhall shop
- 7 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 8 The artist who paints portraits to honour frontline workers
- 9 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 10 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products