Care home celebrates national award win
- Credit: Archant
Residents and staff at a West Suffolk care home are celebrating after winning a national award.
Mildenhall Lodge walked award with the Best Single Care Home (in a group) at the Care Home Awards 2018.
The Care UK-run home received praise for its recent outstanding rating from the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Katy Hughes, home manager, was also given recognition at the awards for her leadership style and innovative projects.
She said: “It’s been an amazing year at Mildenhall Lodge, first our fantastic CQC results and now this – it’s completely overwhelming.
You may also want to watch:
“I am so proud of my wonderful team at Mildenhall Lodge and winning Best Single Care Home (in a group) is a huge testament to them for the making the home a lovely place for residents, families and team members alike.”
The Care Home Awards are held annually to celebrate those in the care sector.
- 1 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 2 Community supermarket provides lifeline - and now more are to open
- 3 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 4 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
- 5 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 6 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 9 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 10 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain