Care home celebrates national award win
- Credit: Archant
Residents and staff at a West Suffolk care home are celebrating after winning a national award.
Mildenhall Lodge walked award with the Best Single Care Home (in a group) at the Care Home Awards 2018.
The Care UK-run home received praise for its recent outstanding rating from the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Katy Hughes, home manager, was also given recognition at the awards for her leadership style and innovative projects.
She said: “It’s been an amazing year at Mildenhall Lodge, first our fantastic CQC results and now this – it’s completely overwhelming.
You may also want to watch:
“I am so proud of my wonderful team at Mildenhall Lodge and winning Best Single Care Home (in a group) is a huge testament to them for the making the home a lovely place for residents, families and team members alike.”
The Care Home Awards are held annually to celebrate those in the care sector.
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 5 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 6 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
- 7 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 8 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 9 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 10 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park