West Suffolk Business Festival launches with new brand
- Credit: Archant
The countdown to this year’s West Suffolk Business Festival has begun – with a new brand unveiled to acknowledge its status as the eastern region’s leading festival of business.
The festival was first launched by St Edmundsbury Borough Council back in 2011,and since then the council has formed a partnership with Forest Heath District Council while the festival has evolved to include events across the whole of West Suffolk.
Now, as excitement builds for the sixth annual festival, organisers have unveiled a new Business Festival logo, designed by Kate Greenaway of Bury St Edmunds based Frontroom Creative Ltd.
James Waters, leader of Forest Heath, said: “There are three weeks to go to the festival and whatever sector of business you work in, there are plenty of reasons to get involved.
“West Suffolk councils prides itself on creating the opportunities for businesses to connect with each other, to grow their sales and create new employment for the local area.
“This year’s festival also includes a special business breakfast with the Newmarket and District Chamber of Commerce at which we will be discussing the challenges and options for creating new industry and jobs in Mildenhall with the closure of the airbase – so book up for your festival events now.”
Leader of St Edmundsbury John Griffiths said: “The festival has become a hugely popular and successful event which brings businesses together, widens their knowledge and helps to generate new leads.”
- 1 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 2 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Man charged after robbing bookmakers with a knife in Suffolk town
- 5 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 6 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 7 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 10 Power tools stolen after van broken into
The festival runs from October 4-14 and details of the various events is now available at www.businessfestival.org
Featured events include the Suffolk Chamber of Commerce lunch with Jerome Mayhew, managing director of GoApe, the Menta Trade Fair, and a Bank of England breakfast event at which there will be an update on the latest economic forecasts.
Updates will also be available from now and throughout the festival via twitter – follow @businessfestbse and use the hashtag #BizFestBSE