Welcome Back day held at Thetford Academy for Inspiration Trust staff
- Credit: Archant
The first day back after school after a long summer break is often seen as a tough
However staff at a group of schools across Norfolk were quickly back into the groove after the six-week break following a series of motivational talks during a ‘Welcome Back’ day at Thetford Academy.
Sports and television personality Mark Forster was the headline speaker at the Inspiration Trust event as he took to the stage to talk about the challenges he had overcome in his swimming and on screen careers.
He also presented awards to members of staff.
Thetford Acadmy prinicpal Adrian Ball, Inspiration Trust chief executive Dame Rachel de Souza and Thetford Academy chairman of governors Sam Berwick also spoke at the event.
You may also want to watch:
About 500 staff attended the event on Thursday, September 4.
Are you organising an event we should know about?
- 1 7 big concerts scheduled for Norfolk in 2021
- 2 Start date for phase two of 5,000-home development, after land bought near A11
- 3 £60 fine for resident who drove six miles to dump household rubbish in public bin
- 4 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 5 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 9 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 10 Six-year-old cycles 100 laps to raise money for homeless
Tell the Times by calling 01379 651153 or email email@example.com