Welcome Back day held at Thetford Academy for Inspiration Trust staff
- Credit: Archant
The first day back after school after a long summer break is often seen as a tough
However staff at a group of schools across Norfolk were quickly back into the groove after the six-week break following a series of motivational talks during a ‘Welcome Back’ day at Thetford Academy.
Sports and television personality Mark Forster was the headline speaker at the Inspiration Trust event as he took to the stage to talk about the challenges he had overcome in his swimming and on screen careers.
He also presented awards to members of staff.
Thetford Acadmy prinicpal Adrian Ball, Inspiration Trust chief executive Dame Rachel de Souza and Thetford Academy chairman of governors Sam Berwick also spoke at the event.
About 500 staff attended the event on Thursday, September 4.
Are you organising an event we should know about?
- 1 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 2 Town to host free outdoor screening of Encanto with street food stalls
- 3 'Could have caused explosion': Eco-warrior stops Thetford fire spreading
- 4 Driver who altered date on expired Blue Badge ordered to pay out £3,500
- 5 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 6 Dog owners urged to take 'five-second test' before walking pets in heat
- 7 Council fighting not to have to publish details of golf club talks
- 8 'People won't be able to afford to eat' - Locals warn Truss on living costs
- 9 Cable underneath Thetford could power 5,000-home development
- 10 'Save water' Suffolk households urged as hosepipe bans imposed elsewhere
Tell the Times by calling 01379 651153 or email firstname.lastname@example.org