Weeting windfarm consultation planned
Rebecca Gough A consultation evening will be held this week to discuss plans to build a proposed wind farm.
A consultation evening will be held this week to discuss plans to build a proposed wind farm.
Energy company Enertrag already has planning permission for a meteorological mast to record wind speed and direction on the site at Lodge Farm, Weeting, for a two year period.
As previously reported, if wind conditions are suitable, then the Diss based company has proposed to build nine turbines up to 125m high on the site within two years.
You may also want to watch:
An environmental impact assessment is currently underway at the site, and Norfolk Wildlife Services is carrying out an ecological survey.
The public consultation will be held on Thursday at Weeting Village Hall between 3pm and 8pm.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 8 US Air Force issues warning over increased flying this week
- 9 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 10 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
For more information visit the Enertrag site at www.www.enertrag.com.