Weeting windfarm consultation planned
Rebecca Gough A consultation evening will be held this week to discuss plans to build a proposed wind farm.
A consultation evening will be held this week to discuss plans to build a proposed wind farm.
Energy company Enertrag already has planning permission for a meteorological mast to record wind speed and direction on the site at Lodge Farm, Weeting, for a two year period.
As previously reported, if wind conditions are suitable, then the Diss based company has proposed to build nine turbines up to 125m high on the site within two years.
An environmental impact assessment is currently underway at the site, and Norfolk Wildlife Services is carrying out an ecological survey.
The public consultation will be held on Thursday at Weeting Village Hall between 3pm and 8pm.
- 1 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 2 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 3 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 4 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 5 New homes plan for former coal yard
- 6 Food review, Lime Kiln Kitchen: ‘A truly relaxing place for Sunday lunch’
- 7 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 8 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 9 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 10 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
For more information visit the Enertrag site at www.www.enertrag.com.