Weeting windfarm consultation planned
Rebecca Gough A consultation evening will be held this week to discuss plans to build a proposed wind farm.
A consultation evening will be held this week to discuss plans to build a proposed wind farm.
Energy company Enertrag already has planning permission for a meteorological mast to record wind speed and direction on the site at Lodge Farm, Weeting, for a two year period.
As previously reported, if wind conditions are suitable, then the Diss based company has proposed to build nine turbines up to 125m high on the site within two years.
You may also want to watch:
An environmental impact assessment is currently underway at the site, and Norfolk Wildlife Services is carrying out an ecological survey.
The public consultation will be held on Thursday at Weeting Village Hall between 3pm and 8pm.
- 1 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville
- 2 Build of new school building could see more places for SEND children
- 3 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 4 UEA expert in infectious diseases expects delay to 'Freedom Day'
- 5 Drunk inmate threatened to stab prison officer
- 6 Road reopens after crash between car and lorry
- 7 New date for trial of five accused of Thetford murder
- 8 New transporter bike for wheelchair users launched at Thetford Forest
- 9 Man, 18, arrested in connection with serious sexual assault
- 10 ‘I don’t trust this area’: Local people react after sex assault on teenager
For more information visit the Enertrag site at www.www.enertrag.com.