Weeting windfarm consultation planned
Rebecca Gough A consultation evening will be held this week to discuss plans to build a proposed wind farm.
A consultation evening will be held this week to discuss plans to build a proposed wind farm.
Energy company Enertrag already has planning permission for a meteorological mast to record wind speed and direction on the site at Lodge Farm, Weeting, for a two year period.
As previously reported, if wind conditions are suitable, then the Diss based company has proposed to build nine turbines up to 125m high on the site within two years.
You may also want to watch:
An environmental impact assessment is currently underway at the site, and Norfolk Wildlife Services is carrying out an ecological survey.
The public consultation will be held on Thursday at Weeting Village Hall between 3pm and 8pm.
- 1 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 2 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 3 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 5 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 6 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 7 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 8 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 9 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 10 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
For more information visit the Enertrag site at www.www.enertrag.com.