Weeting couple celebrate 70 years of marriage
A Norfolk couple celebrated a very special anniversary last weekas they reach 70 years of marriage.
Maisie and Charlie Lawrence married at All Saint’s Church in Tottenham, London, in 1942, after accidentally meeting.
Although Mrs Lawrence was seeing somebody else, the pair caught each other’s eye and married after five years of dating.
The couple, who have two children, seven grandchildren and eight great grandchildren, moved to Weeting, near Brandon, 32 years ago, where they have lived ever since.
They also became heavily involved in scouting and guide groups.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Lawrence, 93, a retired builder, said: “You’ve got to trust one another and tender loving care comes into it.”
Mrs Lawrence, 92, who worked on the buses and then taught herself to sew after the birth of her first child, added: “We work at it really – we get on well together and do different things but we’ve always done things together too. We always help each other.”
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
The couple celebrated with family and friends at their home.