Weather causes bin collection problems
Emma Knights Problems with snow and ice on the roads have affected some bin collections in Breckland.A Breckland Council spokesman said: “Due to the snow and ice some of the roads in the district have become inaccessible to large heavy vehicles such as the bin collection lorries.
BRECKLAND: Problems with snow and ice on the roads have affected some bin collections in Breckland.
A Breckland Council spokesman said services firm Serco had emptied the vast majority of the bins in the district but that a small number had been missed because of the road conditions.
People who have not had their bins emptied are being asked to keep them out for collection as they will be collected as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about bin collection days in the Breckland area during the Christmas and New Year period visit www.breckland.gov.uk
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 6 US Air Force issues warning over increased flying this week
- 7 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 8 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 9 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 10 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash