Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- Credit: Sophie Kendall
Parts of Norfolk and Waveney have today been turned into a winter wonderland.
The first snow of 2021 has fallen across the region given most places at least a light dusting of the white stuff or in some areas a more substantial covering.
Mid and West Norfolk have seen the most with areas around King's Lynn seeing sustained snow falls and it has been particularly bad around the Fakenham area.
A number of main roads were reported to be impassable with drivers warned to be extra careful.
Many families woke up on Saturday morning to see their gardens, drives and neighbourhoods given a covering of snow.
And while people can't meet up with friends or travel to enjoy it, plenty have made the most of the weather from their gardens or streets.
Plenty shared pictures of the white landscape outside their homes - some expressing surprise, despite forecasts, and others delighted to see it.
- 1 Mother's devastation after son killed in crash 'one minute from home'
- 2 A11 closure as lorries with huge loads get stuck at roadworks
- 3 Center Parcs to reopen on April 12 for self-catering guests only
- 4 Man denies causing death by dangerous driving after fatal A143 crash
- 5 Warm winds bring Saharan dust as temperatures soar to 17C
- 6 Dogs Trust releases phone calls of 'heartbroken' owners forced to give up pets
- 7 Norfolk given extra £10m to stop Covid spread in care homes
- 8 Norfolk discount store to take over former Poundstretcher building
- 9 Pub to get major revamp - but needs a landlord first
- 10 Ambitious 2035 climate change fight plan unveiled