Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- Credit: Jeyan Chandra
Forecasters have warned that snow and ice could hit Norfolk and Suffolk on Saturday.
The Met Office has put out a yellow warning for ice and snow between Friday night and Saturday morning, however it expects this to clear by the afternoon.
It said: "There's some uncertainty about Saturday's weather at the moment because this weather front will move in a bit quicker, and that means a less significant spread but a significant snow risk for northern and eastern Britain.
"If the weather does slow down a little bit then that weather signal will become a little more pronounced."
Norfolk County Council tweeted that it would be sending out gritters on roads around the county, with drivers urged not to travel unless it was essential.
It said in the tweet: "We're gritting today across the county & again early AM except city and east coast areas.
"Please don't travel unless essential. Help us keep Norfolk safe & reduce the risk of accidents."
- 1 Car towed out of field after crash
- 2 Homeware store set to open in Thetford when restrictions lift
- 3 'Revitalised and positive' - Thetford businesses react to roadmap news
- 4 'Time has flown by' - bakery celebrates 30 years in business
- 5 Why it's so vital for people to have their say on Thetford's future
- 6 Student thanked for 'thoughtful offer' to cut Boris Johnson's hair
- 7 Two men sentenced after assault on nightclub dancefloor
- 8 Households with children to get two Covid tests per person every week
- 9 Mother's devastation after son killed in crash 'one minute from home'
- 10 Center Parcs to reopen on April 12 for self-catering guests only