Where and when Storm Eunice will hit Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Weather experts have revealed the exact time Storm Eunice will hit Norfolk.
High winds of up to 80mph are expected to cause widespread disruption today.
An amber weather warning has been issued by the Met Office, meaning there is a danger to life.
A rare red weather warning is in place in parts of Suffolk - including Ipswich - as forecasters predict winds of up to 90mph.
According to meteorologists at Weatherquest, wind speed will begin building at 5am but the worst of the Storm will first reach west Norfolk at 12pm.
Phil Garner of Weatherquest said: "The storm will be at its strongest at midday and these high winds will last until about 4pm.
"It is expected to move up to Norfolk from the south west, and will hit Thetford, Downham Market and King's Lynn areas first.
"Within half an hour, Eunice will be felt across all of the county.
- 1 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 2 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 3 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 4 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 5 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 6 Food review, Lime Kiln Kitchen: ‘A truly relaxing place for Sunday lunch’
- 7 New homes plan for former coal yard
- 8 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 9 New Latin American restaurant opening at Center Parcs in Elveden
- 10 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and two meteor showers
"These strong winds will continue until 4pm but it will remain very blustery until about 11pm."