Wayland Jobs Fair hailed as a success
- Credit: Archant Ltd.
A jobs fair which was held in Watton has been praised as a resounding success.
More than 150 people from the town and surrounding area attended the Wayland Job Fair, held at Queens Hall, to meet more than 25 employers including Center Parcs, Wincanton and the RAF.
Representatives were available to talk about apprenticeships, training and help with transport to work.
The event was a culmination of a wider Job Centre and Breckland Council roadshow which has been travelling to all the Breckland towns over the past few months to bring jobs and advice to communities.
Following the success of the roadshow, it is hoped the event will become a regular date in the calendar, with another event planned in September and again in March 2018.
You may also want to watch:
If you are a local employer and would like to register your interest to attend a future event, contact Suzanne Rhind on 01953 880204 or suzanne@wayland,org.uk
- 1 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 2 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 3 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 6 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 7 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 10 Person hit by train between Norwich and Stansted