Wayland Jobs Fair hailed as a success
- Credit: Archant Ltd.
A jobs fair which was held in Watton has been praised as a resounding success.
More than 150 people from the town and surrounding area attended the Wayland Job Fair, held at Queens Hall, to meet more than 25 employers including Center Parcs, Wincanton and the RAF.
Representatives were available to talk about apprenticeships, training and help with transport to work.
The event was a culmination of a wider Job Centre and Breckland Council roadshow which has been travelling to all the Breckland towns over the past few months to bring jobs and advice to communities.
Following the success of the roadshow, it is hoped the event will become a regular date in the calendar, with another event planned in September and again in March 2018.
You may also want to watch:
If you are a local employer and would like to register your interest to attend a future event, contact Suzanne Rhind on 01953 880204 or suzanne@wayland,org.uk
- 1 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 2 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 3 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 4 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
- 5 Teen to mark first ever flight - by jumping out of the plane for charity
- 6 New £39million hub officially opens to the public
- 7 Norfolk nursery nominated for national award
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 Part of A11 closed due to crash involving motorbike
- 10 From infighting to foreign secretary - Elizabeth Truss' rise to success