Wayland Dragonfly Gallery to hold open studios taster exhibition
- Credit: Ian Burt
Hundreds of artists across the county are preparing to throw open their studio doors to the public as part of Norfolk & Norwich Open Studios.
Ahead of the event, which takes place between May 27 May and June 11, Breckland will be hosting a taster exhibition at the Wayland Dragonfly Gallery, in Watton.
The exhibition, featuring the work of more than 20 artists, will include a mix of traditional, contemporary and three-dimensional work.
There will be a chance to meet the artists and watch demonstrations.
Exhibition organiser Angie Park said: “Breckland artists, are opening their studios and homes in 2017, to share their finished art works, give inspiration, show techniques and share their passion for art.
You may also want to watch:
“The diverse range of work gives everyone an exciting opportunity to sample some of the art, that Breckland has to offer.”
The event will take place from Friday, May 19 until Sunday, May 21 from 10am to 4pm.
For more information visit the Wayland Dragonfly Gallery
- 1 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 2 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 5 Police looking for wanted west Suffolk man Darren Pountney
- 6 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 7 Inquest opens into death of 32-year-old Anthony Hibble
- 8 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 9 Teeny tiny property for sale for between £10,000-£20,000
- 10 Jail for man who attacked partner while she watched TV in bed
More than 500 artists will be taking part in the Norfolk & Norwich Open Studios this year across 254 venues.
In Breckland 38 artists will be taking part across 21 venues including three schools.
More information can be found here