Wayland Dragonfly Gallery to hold open studios taster exhibition
- Credit: Ian Burt
Hundreds of artists across the county are preparing to throw open their studio doors to the public as part of Norfolk & Norwich Open Studios.
Ahead of the event, which takes place between May 27 May and June 11, Breckland will be hosting a taster exhibition at the Wayland Dragonfly Gallery, in Watton.
The exhibition, featuring the work of more than 20 artists, will include a mix of traditional, contemporary and three-dimensional work.
There will be a chance to meet the artists and watch demonstrations.
Exhibition organiser Angie Park said: “Breckland artists, are opening their studios and homes in 2017, to share their finished art works, give inspiration, show techniques and share their passion for art.
“The diverse range of work gives everyone an exciting opportunity to sample some of the art, that Breckland has to offer.”
The event will take place from Friday, May 19 until Sunday, May 21 from 10am to 4pm.
For more information visit the Wayland Dragonfly Gallery
- 1 Thetford pupil Oxford-bound after hat-trick of A* grades
- 2 Council’s wildlife camera stolen from conservation area
- 3 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 West Norfolk village pub to reopen as bed and breakfast after sale
- 5 How a new Norfolk forest helped heal the nation's timber industry
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 8 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 9 Truss claims UK workers need 'more graft' in leaked statement
- 10 Norfolk Restaurant Week returning for 2022 with discounts across county
More than 500 artists will be taking part in the Norfolk & Norwich Open Studios this year across 254 venues.
In Breckland 38 artists will be taking part across 21 venues including three schools.
More information can be found here