WASPI women to hold coffee event in Thetford
- Credit: Archant
Women affected by pension changes are invited to attend a coffee event to be held in a Breckland town.
The Norfolk Women Against state Pension Age Inequality (WASPI) group will be holding a coffee and catch up on Saturday, February 10 in Thetford.
The group has been set up to fight the “injustice” done to all women born in the 1950s affected by the changes to the State Pension Law (1995/2011 Acts).
Woman are invited along to the Sainsbury’s Cafe, on the Forest Retail Park, between 1pm and 2pm to meet other people who are in the same position.
All are welcome to attend.
You may also want to watch:
There are more than 140 local WASPI groups across the UK. The Norfolk group launched in 2016 and has more than 500 members.
For more information call Lynn Nicholls on 01842 753005.
To find out more about WASPI Norfolk visit the website.
- 1 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 2 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 3 Town's county councillors vow to tackle neglected underpasses
- 4 Masked burglar hit victim with fake gun and threatened to shoot family dog
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 9 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 10 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville