WASPI women to hold coffee event in Thetford
- Credit: Archant
Women affected by pension changes are invited to attend a coffee event to be held in a Breckland town.
The Norfolk Women Against state Pension Age Inequality (WASPI) group will be holding a coffee and catch up on Saturday, February 10 in Thetford.
The group has been set up to fight the “injustice” done to all women born in the 1950s affected by the changes to the State Pension Law (1995/2011 Acts).
Woman are invited along to the Sainsbury’s Cafe, on the Forest Retail Park, between 1pm and 2pm to meet other people who are in the same position.
All are welcome to attend.
You may also want to watch:
There are more than 140 local WASPI groups across the UK. The Norfolk group launched in 2016 and has more than 500 members.
For more information call Lynn Nicholls on 01842 753005.
To find out more about WASPI Norfolk visit the website.
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 4 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 5 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 6 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 7 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 8 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 9 Stephen Fry voices heart-warming animation of rescued blind horse
- 10 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash