WASPI women to hold coffee event in Thetford
- Credit: Archant
Women affected by pension changes are invited to attend a coffee event to be held in a Breckland town.
The Norfolk Women Against state Pension Age Inequality (WASPI) group will be holding a coffee and catch up on Saturday, February 10 in Thetford.
The group has been set up to fight the “injustice” done to all women born in the 1950s affected by the changes to the State Pension Law (1995/2011 Acts).
Woman are invited along to the Sainsbury’s Cafe, on the Forest Retail Park, between 1pm and 2pm to meet other people who are in the same position.
All are welcome to attend.
You may also want to watch:
There are more than 140 local WASPI groups across the UK. The Norfolk group launched in 2016 and has more than 500 members.
For more information call Lynn Nicholls on 01842 753005.
To find out more about WASPI Norfolk visit the website.
- 1 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 5 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 6 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 'Fantastic' students donate funds from cancelled prom to children's hospice
- 9 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 10 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes