Warning to shoplifters in Thetford
Ian Clarke Five teenagers were arrested as part of a crackdown on shoplifting in Thetford.The group aged between 13-15 years old were suspected of stealing �53 worth of cosmetics and were spotted by a store detective.
Five teenagers were arrested as part of a crackdown on shoplifting in Thetford.
The group aged between 13-15 years old were suspected of stealing �53 worth of cosmetics and were spotted by a store detective.
One of the teenagers also stole a pair of shoes.
You may also want to watch:
They were issued with reprimands, which are formal police warnings given to young people who commit offences.
Thetford PCSO Sharon Caws said: “We are taking positive action to prevent shoplifting from occurring in the town by working closely with law abiding citizens and retailers.”
- 1 RAF base warns of increased Apache helicopter flying activity
- 2 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 5 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 6 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 7 Pet crematorium plans submitted but residents have air concerns
- 8 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 9 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 10 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
Posters about the consequences of shoplifting have been distributed in the town centre.
Thetford also has a Shop Watch scheme, which uses a telecom system to communicate with shopkeepers, the police and Breckland CCTV control room, to alert each other about thieves and their location.
To speak to a member of Thetford Safer Neighbourhood Team call 0845 456 4567.