Warning to shoplifters in Thetford
Ian Clarke Five teenagers were arrested as part of a crackdown on shoplifting in Thetford.The group aged between 13-15 years old were suspected of stealing �53 worth of cosmetics and were spotted by a store detective.
Five teenagers were arrested as part of a crackdown on shoplifting in Thetford.
The group aged between 13-15 years old were suspected of stealing �53 worth of cosmetics and were spotted by a store detective.
One of the teenagers also stole a pair of shoes.
You may also want to watch:
They were issued with reprimands, which are formal police warnings given to young people who commit offences.
Thetford PCSO Sharon Caws said: “We are taking positive action to prevent shoplifting from occurring in the town by working closely with law abiding citizens and retailers.”
- 1 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 2 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 3 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 4 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 5 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes
- 6 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 9 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 10 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
Posters about the consequences of shoplifting have been distributed in the town centre.
Thetford also has a Shop Watch scheme, which uses a telecom system to communicate with shopkeepers, the police and Breckland CCTV control room, to alert each other about thieves and their location.
To speak to a member of Thetford Safer Neighbourhood Team call 0845 456 4567.