Vulnerable man from near Brandon missing
Concern is mounting for a 71-year-old who has been missing from his home for more than 24-hours. It is thought John Midwinter got a bus to his home near Brandon yesterday, but he never arrived.
Concern is mounting for a 71-year-old who has been missing from his home for more than 24-hours.
It is thought John Midwinter got a bus to his home near Brandon yesterday, but he never arrived.
Mr Midwinter, described by police as a vulnerable adult, should have got on a number 007 National Express coach from Hempstead Valley, at Gillingham in Kent, at 11.20am, to arrive back home near Brandon later that day.
It is unclear as to whether John actually got on the bus. His journey should have taken him to London Victoria coach station. Then he should have changed buses to the number 496 National Express coach departing at 2.30pm, which stopped at Stratford, Mildenhall and Brandon.
His disappearance is out of character and he has not made contact with her family. He is described as white, 5ft 9ins tall, with grey hair, brown eyes and wearing glasses.
When last seen he was wearing black shoes, dark brown trousers, a light green/blue long sleeved shirt and black coat. He was also carrying an Iceland carrier bag.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Train delays as lorry hits railway bridge
- 3 Crowdfunder for terminally ill mum to fulfil dream of marrying partner
- 4 Police search for owner of puppy lost near Mildenhall
- 5 Final consultation to be undertaken on future of Thetford Market Place
- 6 'She was the glue' - Family's loving tribute to devoted mum Netty
- 7 Concerns raised over plans for holiday cabins at equestrian centre
- 8 Rare chance to rent a 16th century farmhouse overlooking a Norfolk estate
- 9 Motorbike and car crash on A134 near Norfolk village
- 10 Five-year-old child struck by car in Brandon discharged from hospital
t Anyone who has seen Mr Midwinter or knows where he is asked to contact Norfolk police on 0845 456 4567.