Volunteers sought for St Nicholas Hospcie Care’s Girls Night Out
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of a charity walk are appealing for volunteers to help the event run without a hitch.
St Nicholas Hospice Care’s ninth Girls Night Out moonlight walk will take place in September.
The fundraiser, which last year raised £250,000 for the service which provides care and support throughout West Suffolk and Thetford, needs some helping hands.
People can volunteer to marshall along the route in Bury St Edmunds, handing out water and snacks to walkers, as well as welcoming people back once they have finished their challenge.
Charlie De-Moore, hospice events fundraiser, said: “Many of our marshals thoroughly enjoy themselves and return to help each year.”
You may also want to watch:
The event will take place on September 9.
To volunteer contact Charlie De-Moore by calling 01284 715599 or email email@example.com For more information click here
- 1 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 2 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 3 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 4 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 5 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 6 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 7 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 10 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk